Part 25

"Dean?" Castiel asked, snuggled up to the hunter moments later, another blanket over them now that it had gotten colder. They had their underwear back on but the rest of their clothes were still scattered around them on the grass. Castiel had one wing draped across Dean's legs and chest, and the other resting against his own back.

"Hmmm?" Dean said, reaching under his fiance's wing and stroking his arm with his fingers. He was so perfect. So strong, and yet so beautiful all at once. He kissed the angel's soft, dark hair and rested his cheek on Castiel's head.

"What were you going to ask me?" Cas asked, tracing his fingers down the hunter's bare chest.

Wow, I'd forgotten all about that, Dean thought. Heat of the moment. But he still wanted to give Castiel the proposal he'd planned, so he sat up slightly, gently moving the angel aside, and reached over the side of the blanket.

"Dean, what are you doing?" Cas asked, propping himself up on his elbows, letting his wings rest against the ground behind him.

Dean reached for his green jacket and fidgeted with it for a moment before pulling something out and turning back to Castiel. He rested on his forearm and looked at his angel, smiling, as Castiel's eyes went wide, and he sat up more, his wings lifted off the ground, expanding, as he stared at the beautiful ring that Dean was holding between his fingers.

"Dean?" he said in shock.

"This is what I wanted to ask you, Cas," Dean said, smiling even more now. "I wanted you to marry me, too."

Cas's eyes filled with tears as Dean slid the ring on his finger, his wings fluttering with emotion. But then he realized something. "You wanted to ask me that this whole time?" he said. "Dean, I'm so sorry. I ruined it."

"You didn't ruin anything, Cas," Dean said, noticing that the angel's wings had gone from fluttering to drooping. "You just beat me to it, that's all. And it couldn't have been more perfect." He smiled, and Castiel's wings began to rise again as the angel smiled back, blushing.

He placed his hand on the angel's cheek and kissed him. Cas slowly fell backwards as he did and Dean followed, his chest pressed against the angel's. The kiss lasted for several more moments before they pulled away and Dean just stared down at his beautiful, angelic fiancé.

"We're getting married, Dean," Cas said, looking at his ring, beaming, and then back up at the hunter. And they rested their foreheads together, both smiling, enjoying their perfect moment.

**************

Dean awoke the next morning and rolled over in bed, still clinging to his pillow. He smiled. Cas was sitting up, cross legged in his pajama pants, staring at his ring, and twisting it around his finger.

"Looks good on you," Dean said, startling the angel.

"Dean," Cas said, looking at the hunter. "I didn't realize you were awake." He looked back at his ring. "I just can't stop looking at it," he said. "Just the sensation of it on my hand is . . . strange."

"Do you like it?" Dean asked.

"Of course, Dean," Cas said. "It's from you."

Dean smiled at the angel's sweetness. "Sammy helped me pick it out," he said, sitting up. "He said gold was your color."

"And the stones?" Cas asked. "I noticed there's eleven."

"One for every year we've known each other," Dean said, scooting closer to the angel and looking at the ring with him. He couldn't keep the smile off his face. Cas was wearing his ring. It was the most incredible feeling in the world.