Part 26

They walked out into the large room with the map table where the wedding was taking place. All of their guests were standing, and like Sam had said, dressed a little fancier than normal. Dean caught sight of Castiel, standing over to the side, waiting for him. He smiled, looking at the angel, so handsome in his grey tuxedo. Unlike Dean's though, his had a bowtie, which Dean found very sexy. He winked at the angel who smiled back at him, and they both moved to stand in front of Gabriel, Cas on the left and Dean on the right. Neither of them could stop smiling as they took each other's hands.

Dean leaned over and whispered something in Castiel's ear. The angel blushed, looking down, and smiled even wider.

"Hey everybody, what's up?," Gabriel said, in a very unceremonious fashion. But Dean and Cas knew what they were getting into when they asked Gabriel to officiate so they just rolled with it. "These two knuckle heads have something they want to do and they thought you'd all like to watch," he continued.

"Seriously?" Dean said, looking at the Archangel, and everyone laughed.

Gabriel winked at him. "Okay," he said. "On a more serious note, Deano here has something he wants to say to Castiel."

Dean looked back at Cas, gripping his hands tightly. "Cas, when I first met you, you were the angel that gripped me tight and raised me from perdition," Dean said with a smile. "And for a while after that you were the pain in the ass angel that I kept trying to shake. But then you were the angel that rebelled, and fell from heaven, who gave up his army, and his family, and stood beside me when I needed him the most. You became my friend. My best friend. You saved me over and over again, in countless ways. And I can't believe you're dumb enough to want to marry me." He smiled, but he could feel tears sliding down his cheeks. Cas was crying too, but he chuckled at Dean's comment. "I made the mistake of letting you go once before," Dean said. "But I promise you I will never make that mistake again. No matter what happens, no matter what comes our way, I will never let you go. I will take care of you, and I will protect you, and I will love you til the day I die. That's my promise to you, Cas."

When Dean finished there wasn't a dry eye in the room. He slid the ring on Castiel's finger and squeezed his hand, wiping away tears of joy.

"You were my first true glimpse of humanity, Dean," Cas said, looking into the hunter's beautiful green eyes. "And you weren't what I was expecting. What I had been told humans were like. You were strong, and brave, and kind. You cared so much about people you didn't even know. And I found myself wanting to spend time with you because you were so different. You taught me that I had the ability to make my own choices and choose my own destiny. You taught me that there is good in this world and in humanity. You forgave me over and over again when I didn't deserve it. You were there for me when I needed you the most. You taught me that no matter what I was going through that I was still worthy of being loved. I will take care of you, and I will protect you, and I will love you til the day I die. That is my promise to you, Dean." He slid the ring on Dean's finger and they looked at Gabriel.

"Okay," he said. "I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss each other."

Cas and Dean looked at each other again and their lips met as everyone around them erupted in cheers and clapping.

"Now drinks!" Gabriel said and they all laughed.

Sam turned on some music and asked Jodi to dance with him. Jack and Donna paired up, as did Bobby and Charlie, and Gabriel and Rowena.

Dean grabbed Cas's hand and brought him out to join the rest of the group on the dance floor. "Come on, handsome," he said. He took Cas into his arms and they pressed their foreheads together, dancing slowly, smiling.

"Remember the first time we danced?" Dean asked. "You were hot then, too."

Castiel laughed. "I remember I was a girl, and you almost kissed me," he said.

"I believe you almost kissed me," Dean corrected.

"I think we're both at fault," Cas said, smiling.

After a few more minutes of dancing Dean gave Cas a kiss and then went over to Sam's phone and turned off the music. He whispered something in Gabriel's ear and a moment later there was a stool, a guitar, and a microphone in the room. Dean could tell Cas was confused. He hadn't told the angel about this part. He wanted it to be a surprise.

"Hey, guys," Dean said, getting everyone's attention. "Cas doesn't know I'm doing this, so, sorry, babe, I'm about to put you on the spot a little, but I wanted to do something for you, so here it goes." Dean started to play the guitar and then he began to sing.

I'll tell the world I'll sing a song
It's a better place since you came along
Since you came along

Your touch is sunlight through the trees
Your kisses are the ocean breeze
Everything's all right when you're with me

And I hold my favorite thing
I hold the love that you bring

But it feels like I've opened my eyes again
And the colors are golden and bright again
There's a song in my heart, I feel like I belong
It's a better place since you came along

I see the whole world in your eyes
It's like I've known you all my life
We just feel so right

So I pour my heart into your hand
It's like you really understand
You love the way I am

And I hold my favorite thing
I hold the happiness you bring

But it feels like I've opened my eyes again
And the colors are golden and bright again
And the sun paints the skies and the wind sings our song
It's a better place since you came along

Now I'm alright
Now I'm alright
Everything's all right

'Cause it feels like I've opened my eyes again
And the colors are golden and bright again
There's a song in my heart, I feel like I belong
It's a better place since you came along

Once again everyone was in tears, clapping.

Cas hadn't stopped blushing since the beginning of the song, and he was crying now too. He didn't say anything. He just walked up to where Dean was sitting on his stool and kissed him hard, almost knocking Dean over.

Dean stood as Cas kissed him. He took the angel into his arms, holding him tightly, kissing him back. And when they pulled away Dean reached down and scooped Cas up into his arms. Cas was taken off guard, but he wrapped his arms around the hunter's neck, smiling.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked.

"Honeymoon," Dean said, grinning, and everyone laughed as he carried Cas away.