Part 19

Dean woke up the next morning to someone pounding on his door.  "Dean, Cas, get up now!"  Sam shouted earnestly.  "It's important!"

Both men rolled out of bed as quickly as they could.  Cas dressed with another snap of his fingers but Dean took more time.  "Really?" he growled.  "You couldn't help?"

"I didn't know what you wanted to wear," Cas shrugged.

Dean rolled his eyes as he slid his jeans on.  He threw on a tshirt and they met Sam in the hallway.  

"What is it?" Dean asked, throwing a flannel on over the tshirt.  

"It's Gabriel," Sam said, leading them to the main room of the bunker.  

When they reached the room Dean and Cas were horrified to see Gabriel sitting against the wall, bleeding profusely and looking exhausted.  Barely alive.  

"Woah," Dean said.  "What the hell happened to you?"  

Castiel knelt next tp Gabriel.  "I don't understand. Who could have done this to you?" he asked.  "Can you heal yourself?"

Gabriel shook his head, holding his hand over a deep gash in his abdomen.  "Michael," he said.  "It was Michael."

"Woah, woah, woah," Dean said, holding up a hand and walking closer to the wounded Archangel. "Michael is in the cage."

"Not our Michael, Dean," Sam said earnestly.  

Dean and Cas looked at each other and then back at Sam.  

"You mean Apocalypse World Michael?" Dean said.  

"Afraid so," Gabriel groaned, and winced.

"I'll be back," Castiel said, and left the room, returning a moment later with some water, antiseptic, and bandages.  He began to clean his brother's wounds.  "So these wounds, they were made with an Archangel blade," he surmised.  

Gabriel nodded.  "Unfortunately, and seeing as I did not have an Archangel blade handy, I got pretty beat up before I managed to fly away."  He winced as Castiel dabbed at one of his larger cuts.

"You're just lucky he didn't finish you off," Castiel said.

"How is this even possible?" Dean asked.  "How did Michael even get here?"

"He must have found a way to make a rift," Sam said.  

"Oh, that's just great!" Dean said, throwing his hand in the air. "Does that mean Lucifer is here too?"

"That I don't know," Gabriel said.  "But honestly, Michael is the bigger threat."

"Why was he even after you?" Dean asked.

"I don't know," Gabriel said as Castiel finished cleaning him up.  He stood up with some help and made his way to a chair.  "My guess is, he wants revenge for what we did in his world.  We saved a lot of people, killed a lot of his angels, and then trapped him over there, if you recall."

Sam sat down too, running his fingers through his hair.  "Yeah, I recall," he said.  "I also recall that the reason he wanted to come to our world in the first place was to wipe us out.  So there's that small detail."

Dean rubbed his face with his hands, turning away from the rest of the group.  He slammed his hand onto the wall.  "Damn it!" he yelled.  He lowered his head and tried to regain his composure.  His anger was overwhelming him, like it often did.  "It's always something!" he said, rubbing his face again.  "Always!  When are we gonna get back to fighting good old vampires and werewolves and wraiths instead of all this other-wordly Apocalyptic crap?  I am so God Damn sick of Archangels."