zero

season 7, episode 16 - days of the future past

IN THE SPAN OF THREE YEARS, OLIVIA MIKEALSON HAS been in many cities, hiding as she and her good friend Hayley Marshall looked for the cures to heal her beloved family

IN THE SPAN OF THREE YEARS, OLIVIA MIKEALSON HAS been in many cities, hiding as she and her good friend Hayley Marshall looked for the cures to heal her beloved family. In those two years the two hybrids have been raising their kids together, the Salvatore twins and Hope are as close as they can get, the kids took passion in art just like the Mikaelson hybrid twins, leaving Olivia to miss her twin brother more. Hunter looked like his father each day, having his brunette hair and compassion while Estelle looked like her mother having her blonde hair and being too stubborn for her own good.

After the fall of The Mikaelsons, Hayley, Olivia and the kids just disappeared, they were nowhere to be found and they didn't keep communication with anyone, it was like they never existed. It was peaceful and it made them work hard to look for the cures and a witch to siphon Rebekah's hex. Lucas Hastings was close to losing his mind, he searched everywhere for his best friend and her kids but he got no lead.

If Olivia Mikaelson wanted to disappear, she would disappear, she spent half her life learning how to. There was a time where Klaus and Olivia Mikaelson were just fictional vampires until they made their appearance, they were feared, they were the big bad wolves.

The blonde hybrid spent a year and a half hiding out, not communicating with anyone until she decided to ask her best friends for help. The Saltzman twins were siphon witches and they seemed like a part of the solution for Rebekah's hex, of course Olivia didn't want to use Caroline Forbes and Alaric Saltzman's children but she was desperate, she didn't have a case yet to explain why this would benefit them but she only hoped they'd look at her perspective.

When Olivia came out of hiding, Lucas Hastings and Caroline Forbes were relieved to know she and the kids were fine. To her surprise, Jace Hastings and Bonnie Bennett were also relieved she was okay and not in any harm—that they knew of. The adults got to meet Estelle and Hunter and they all soon fell in love with the young and brilliant Salvatores.

Bonnie taught them basic spells and gifted them bracelets that would keep their magic intact so no one could be able to track them. Olivia didn't ask about Stefan or Damon and she could care less about either of them, especially after they left her in a difficult time, a time where she needed them the most.

A few months later, Olivia came out with the truth and filled in her friends with everything going on in her life, her siblings are gone and she wasn't sure when they were coming back, her twin brother was imprisoned by a vampire he used to call his son, and she needed to cure her family as soon as possible.

They understood her, and they wanted to help her. Caroline and Lucas searched for any of the werewolf packs for her while Olivia and Hayley did the same. Surprisingly Jace wanted to help, too. Bonnie and Enzo St. John had their personal problems to deal with to which Olivia didn't argue, she knew the two had their own lives.

Hayley decided to take care of the Mikaelson siblings that were in coffins and Hope while she searched for the cures, she managed to convince Olivia to settle down in Dallas, Texas with her kids. The blonde hybrid didn't want to leave them alone but Hayley assured her they would be fine.

Now, they just needed two more cures to wake up her siblings but in the meanwhile she tried to live her life as normal as she could. She changed her last name, so no one could hunt her down, she decided to take her best friend's last name, seeing as it was convenient.

Olivia got engaged in a year, it was a bad move on her part, she didn't even love Jace—she liked him, he was a good friend, a good male figure in her kids lives but he just wasn't the one. They went to dinners in the beginning months that Olivia moved to Dallas, it turned out to be an everyday situation. She saw how he was with the kids, he drew pictures with them, read books to them and even cooked for them. She saw how the twins liked him, and eventually he moved in to help her out more.

Jace Hastings promised her he would protect her and the kids with whatever crossed their paths. He proposed in a public place and the hybrid couldn't say no and she still felt in debt to him for taking care of her twins three years ago. Jace knew she didn't want to be engaged to him, but he just reminded himself he was doing it for Estelle and Hunter, they needed a male figure in their life since Stefan Salvatore was out of the picture and he just hoped Olivia would fall for him just like he fell for her.

Jace and Olivia had a long talk about the engagement after they came from dinner that night, he argued that they should get married for her kids, they needed a male figure and Jace has been that since Olivia moved to Dallas. The blonde hybrid gave in, she didn't know when Stefan was going to come back and she couldn't wait forever—not anymore. Not after Rayna was captured and he didn't come back, that's when she knew he wasn't going to.

She raised Estelle and Hunter all on her own with the help of Hayley and then later on with the help of her friends. The first two years, she kept photos of Stefan in each of the twins' bedrooms to remind them that they have a father who loves them very much.

The night Estelle and Hunter uttered their first words was the night Olivia cried herself to sleep. Estelle managed to utter the word 'mama' and Hunter uttered the word, 'dada' and Olivia kept a proud but tight smile, tears brimming in her eyes. It was a reminder that Stefan wasn't there, he wasn't there for their first steps, first birthday, he was gone, like he didn't exist.

The first few months were tough, she cried quietly when she thought nobody could hear her but unknown to her Hayley had heard her every night. She heard Olivia cry herself to sleep, she heard her go outside in the middle of the night to look up at the stars in the night sky.

Olivia Mikaelson looked at the stars and thought of Stefan Salvatore as she wondered if he was okay, if he was safe. What she didn't know was that he looked at the same night sky, at the stars thinking of her as well, at his kids.

Olivia Mikaelson has been through hell, she lost her siblings and she lost the Salvatore brothers all in the same year, her kids kept her together. She had hoped that one day, she'll be able to wake up her brothers and sisters so they could meet their niece and nephew. She had hoped that Stefan would come back and so would Damon. Three years later, she could care less about the Salvatore brothers.

salvattrre speaks...
welcome to the second part of stefan and olivia's story!! i'm so excited to write this book and complete their story, this chapter was basically an "update" on the three year jump skip!!