eleven

tvd: season 8, episode 7 - the next time i hurt somebody, it could be you

EVER SINCE HER LAST CHRISTMAS WITH HER FAMILY, Olivia hasn't gotten the courage to celebrate it once again

EVER SINCE HER LAST CHRISTMAS WITH HER FAMILY, Olivia hasn't gotten the courage to celebrate it once again. The holidays were always Olivia's favorite time of the year but the season just reminded her of everything she has lost, of everything she was going to lose. The Christmas holiday was supposed to be about family and happiness but all Olivia could think of was the last Christmas she spent in New Orleans with her siblings and Stefan. But since it was Stefan's last day with her, he wanted to celebrate Christmas differently this year, just Olivia and their kids.

Olivia made her way downstairs, the twins trailing behind her as the three of them took notice of the perfectly decorated Christmas decorations. It was a surprise to the hybrid, especially after everything that had been going on, she looked at Stefan and raised her eyebrows, "I thought Christmas was going to be different this year?"

Stefan smiled proudly as the twins made their way to sit down on the stools that were by the kitchen counter as he smiled. He grinned towards his fiancé while he tossed a towel onto the kitchen worktop, "Caroline's helping me plan Christmas Eve dinner today, so we're going to do it."

"Dinner?" Olivia frowned her eyebrows, "Are you sure? I mean do you really want to—"

Olivia stopped midway noticing the twins were still in the kitchen, listening to their conversation quietly. Stefan turned around and walked over to his daughter taking hold of her while Olivia did the same with Hunter, the twins laughing as their parents carried them. Stefan spoke, "Today we are going to spend Christmas as a family, we are going to eat, drink until our friends and family seem somewhat normal and by the end of the night before you little wolves go to sleep, we will open presents."

Estelle nodded her head eagerly, agreeing with the last part, "I painted a pretty picture, dad, just for you."

"Merry Christmas, little wolves." Olivia softly told them, hugging Hunter tighter while Stefan did the same with Estelle, the Salvatores smiling at one another. Olivia only wished this moment could last forever but fate had other plans.

"Merry Christmas, Momma and Daddy!"

***

The twins brought up Seline causing worry to engrave on Olivia's face because that was the first time either the tribids brought up the nanny who kidnapped them. Stefan had to explain to them softly about how Seline only brought danger in their lives, Estelle was the first one to understand. The twins were both very smart when it came to decisions, they don't trust people easily unless their mother and father engrave the trust to certain people.

"Ho, ho, ho!" The loud and obnoxious voice of Damon Salvatore busted through the house as Olivia and Stefan turned to notice him standing in the foyer of the house, with Sybil on his arm. He glanced over at Stefan, "Merry Christmas, Stefan."