seven

tvd: season 8, episode 2 - today will be different

HOPE. THAT'S ALL OLIVIA Mikaelson has had in the last three years, and she had it now but it began to disappear slowly when Damon and Enzo went missing but it came back when Enzo St. John left a clue at the crime scene for Bonnie to find and it was enough to make Bonnie and the rest of the gang to believe Enzo was on their side. Olivia had finally moved all her belongings and the twins belongings into the Salvatore house with the help of Lucas. Olivia wandered up the stairs to see Stefan inside the spare bedroom, he had been decorating the room ever since they moved back to Mystic Falls, she tried to walk inside but Stefan blocked her way.

"You're not coming inside until it's finished." Stefan warned, giving her a pointed look causing her to pout and he chuckled, kissing her pouty lips. "The twins are still sleeping, Seline will be here in a minute."

"I'm glad they are unaware about the danger they were almost in." Olivia sighed, once they managed to calm down last night, the hybrid revealed the events that had happened, which brought the two of them to be more protective of their twins. Olivia tried to peek inside the room but Stefan closed the door behind him causing the hybrid to roll her eyes, "You know I hate you, right?"

"No you don't." Stefan smirked, pressing a light kiss on her forehead as Olivia closed her eyes.

Olivia pulled out her phone and dialed Caroline's number, both Caroline and Bonnie were at the News Station Office looking through crime reports. Bonnie was desperate to find Enzo so badly that she was barely focusing on herself. "Hey. Have you guys found anything?"

"Actually, we have." Bonnie announced, causing Olivia to place her call on speaker so she and Stefan can hear, "Two murders in two different towns just this morning."

"Yeah, both women died of neck wounds." Caroline carried on, "All the information they have so far are the victims names, there's Sarah Nelson McGowan."

The minute Stefan heard the name, his heartbeat increased, his eyes widened and he hurried over to Olivia, "What?"

"And the second victim is Sarah Jane Nelson."

Olivia glanced up to Stefan, seeing the fear in his eyes she looked at him with a worried gaze. "I'm guessing Enzo picked his moment." He paused for a moment as he made eye contact with his girlfriend, "There's another Sarah Nelson living in North Carolina, her real name is Sarah Salvatore and she was my last living relative before the twins—unless Damon gets to her first."

***

It didn't take long for Seline to arrive at the house, once they said their goodbye to the twins they jumped inside the car to pick up Bonnie, Caroline and Lucas before they made their trip to North Carolina to protect Sarah before Damon killed her.

Damon Salvatore was unaware that Sarah was his relative or even alive, he wasn't aware she survived after killing her mom, Gail.

Stefan's eyes were on the road while he gripped the steering wheel tightly, "Sarah's mother was Zach Salvatore's girlfriend in 1994—"