thirteen

tvd: season 8, episode 10 - nostalgia's a bitch

OLIVIA HAD LUCAS TAKE THE TWINS OUT OF TOWN, she didn't want her kids to see her wallow in sadness

OLIVIA HAD LUCAS TAKE THE TWINS OUT OF TOWN, she didn't want her kids to see her wallow in sadness. She looked up at the ceiling and let out a tired sigh, not only had she lost Stefan but she had lost Damon, too. She hated to admit that the Salvatores had changed her life for the better or for the worse. She needed them just as much as she needed her siblings and she would do anything and everything to make her family whole again, for her and for her kids.

She quickly got up from her bed after hearing the shuffling downstairs until Caroline's voice echoed throughout the house calling for her. The blonde didn't even want to get up but hearing the desperate tone of her friend's voice she felt like she had no other choice. Olivia made her way downstairs fixing her hair when she stopped in her tracks.

Damon Salvatore sat motionless on a chair in front of Bonnie and Caroline. Olivia stepped forward and waved her hand in front of his eyes but there was nothing, not even a blink. Bonnie looked at the girls, "What do you think happened?"

"Sybil." Olivia muttered, she looked at the raven haired vampire in front of them before turning her head to look at her friends, "I think Sybil knew I was trying to get Damon's humanity back on."

"What did she do to his brain this time?" Caroline asked, slightly anxious as she stared at Damon.

"Only one way to find out." Bonnie glanced between Caroline and Olivia before she motioned to Damon, "I say we go in there and find out ourselves."

Olivia stood on one side of Bonnie while Caroline moved to the other. The three girls joined hands while the two vampires placed their free hands on each of Damon's shoulders. They closed their eyes and prepared to get inside Damon's head but instead all they saw was him burning and screaming as raw fire consumed him.

The three girls were quick to jolt back the minute they were pushed from his head. Olivia gasped in horror while Bonnie spoke first, "What was that?"

"Fire and pain." Olivia looked between the two girls, before they saw a single tear roll down Damon's cheek. Olivia frowned, "He's suffering and she's going to suffer."

At that moment, they heard humming and it was coming from Sybil. The blonde looked at her friends before she made her way downstairs, the two of them following after her. Once they reached the cellar, they opened the door and came face to face with Sybil, wearing the same dress she wore to Miss Mystics Falls.

"Are you annoyed?" Sybil asked, tilting her head and narrowed her eyes at the girls in front of her, "I always thought that was your resting face. Let me guess, Damon's not feeling well."

"What did you do to him?" Bonnie gritted her teeth, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I gave him what he wanted. I flipped his humanity switch back on. But, I guess his mind couldn't handle all those memories and feelings rushing in all at once." Sybil smirked, knowing she had the upper hand, "But don't worry, I can fix him, as long as I get what I want."