eighteen (AU)

tvd: season 8, episode 16 - i was feeling epic
in which stefan dies

THE GROUP DISCOVERED THAT ONCE THE MAXWELL bell rang, Katherine's plan was already in motion

THE GROUP DISCOVERED THAT ONCE THE MAXWELL bell rang, Katherine's plan was already in motion. Olivia had finished tending to her kids then hurried off to find Stefan, who had disappeared shortly after the house fire caused by Kelly Donovan. She knew that her husband went to help her brother-in-law to get answers. With a pounding heart, Olivia listened for Stefan and when she heard him yelling for Bonnie, the blonde hybrid rushed inside the burned-out Lockwood Mansion to see him performing CPR on one of her friend's.

"What happened?" Olivia yelled towards her husband as she ran inside finding an unconscious Bonnie below Stefan.

"The magic was too much for her. Don't tell Enzo, he's helping Damon deal with Kelly." Stefan explained while he tried doing CPR again before he bit his wrist and offered it to her but it didn't seem like it was helping. "Come on, Bonnie!"

"Bonnie!" Olivia yelled out for her friend while Stefan continued to do chest compressions on the Bennett girl. Within a few minutes a gasp escaped Bonnie's lips, she sat upright with the help of Olivia and then pulled the blonde in for a hug. Olivia let out a sigh of relief, "You're okay."

"I saw her." Bonnie whispered as she held Olivia. Her eyes flickered over to Stefan, who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I saw Elena."

***

"There's gotta be something we're missing." Stefan told his wife and brother as the three stormed back inside the Salvatore house once they were armed with the information of Katherine's plan.

"Nope. Katherine won. She played the long game and finally beat us." Damon spoke, irritation clear in his voice. The further they went inside the house, their eyes widened with fear and worry.

The sight of Elena Gilbert's casket open without her inside immediately caused the three to suddenly stop in their tracks. Olivia turned to look at her husband, "Bonnie's heart stopped earlier—"

"She said she saw Elena." Stefan finished off for his wife as his eyes remained on the empty casket.

"Damon?" The shaky familiar voice rang through their eyes. All eyes flickered over to Elena Gilbert, wearing the same blue dress they put her to sleep in. She stood in front of the open casket. Fear washed over her face.

"Elena." Damon breathed out as relief escaped his lips as he tried to get closer to her but she held her hand out in front of her.

"What's going on? Is Bonnie—"

"No, no, Elena, she's okay." Olivia assured her, although she was confused on how Elena was standing in front of them knowing Bonnie has to be dead due to the linking spell Kai inflicted them on. Her husband seemed to be confused as well but Damon was thrilled to have the love of his life back.