twelve

tvd: season 8, episode 9 - the simple intimacy of the near touch

CHRISTMAS WAS OVER AND IT'S BEEN WEEKS SINCE STEFAN and Damon Salvatore disappeared from Mystic Falls

CHRISTMAS WAS OVER AND IT'S BEEN WEEKS SINCE STEFAN and Damon Salvatore disappeared from Mystic Falls. It was hard for Olivia to explain to the twins where their father had gone again, afterall they just had a few months with him before he left once again but nevertheless the twins understood that their father was busy. Caroline and Lucas decided to move inside the Salvatore Boarding House to keep Olivia company and it worked but some days the blonde hybrid fell into sadness.

She felt like she was always going one step forwards towards her happiness and then something happened causing her to go three steps backwards. In the last few weeks, it gave her time to spend with her children and to communicate with Hayley Marshall and help her track down the cure for Elijah and Kol.

She had decided to have the twins with her today since everything had been calm, Sybil wasn't causing any problems yet and the Salvatore brothers were gone. Olivia stirred the cup of coffee as she made her way down to the parlor.

She had her laptop opened searching for any information about the werewolf packs she was searching for when the door opened causing her to immediately turn around finding her friend, Bonnie, "Surprise! I'm back. Bonjour!"

"Bonnie!" Olivia smiled making her way to give her friend a hug. The two wrapped their arms around one another, the blonde wasn't expecting the Bennett witch to come back from Paris for another week. "I thought you had one more week in Paris."

"I decided to come back early, just in case you needed some comforting." Bonnie smiled, causing Olivia to give her an appreciative look.

"Bonnie, you didn't need to cut your vacation short just for me." Olivia wrapped her arms around her once again before pulling away. Caroline walked down the stairs as she and her best friend exchanged hugs. Olivia's eyes wandered over to the silver necklace that sat perfectly around her neck, she raised a brow, "Beautiful necklace."

"Thank you, Enzo gave it to me on our last night in Paris." Bonnie looked at them as Olivia and Caroline exchanged looks, "Yeah, it's filled with blood—Enzo's."

"That's—" Caroline began to speak but she couldn't finish her sentence because she didn't want to say anything out of line.

"Morbid? Charming?" Bonnie chuckled and began to imitate her boyfriend in a British accent, "A mere symbol of an eternity with you, love."

"You're not thinking of turning are you, Bon?" Olivia's eyes filled with worry, she wasn't one to judge but when it came to Bonnie, she knew her friend wouldn't be the one to turn into a vampire. The Bennett witch has been against vampires for a very long time and she wouldn't want to become one, especially after seeing her friends struggle with said vampirism.

"Don't worry. I'm not turning into a vampire anytime soon." Bonnie said, but before she could say anything else, Olivia's phone began to ring. The blonde slipped out her phone from her pocket thinking it was Hayley calling for updates but when they noticed the name on the screen, the three friends exchanged looks. "Why would a psycho-siren nanny call you?"