four

tvd: season 7, episode 22 - gods and monsters

STEFAN SALVATORE TOOK THE WHEEL WHILE Olivia Mikaelson sat in the passenger seat with a map on her hands, the two were already driving away from the hotel they were once at

STEFAN SALVATORE TOOK THE WHEEL WHILE Olivia Mikaelson sat in the passenger seat with a map on her hands, the two were already driving away from the hotel they were once at. The car ride was silent, it wasn't the most comfortable silence but they managed to not talk, after Stefan's revelation about him going back for her and the kids, Olivia was torn. She wanted nothing more to forgive him, she was willing to take him back for her kids but she was selfish enough to realize she wanted him for herself. There was a thaw and a very big one but she was too stubborn to reveal it, and for once Stefan Salvatore had realized how much he lost Olivia Mikaelson.

Olivia cleared her throat looking down at the map in her hands, "In thirty miles, take ninety-five north and we should be in Maine by tomorrow night."

"From there?" Stefan asked.

"I have no idea, but I will figure it out when I have to." Olivia nodded, putting the map down and looking out at the window, the sky was dark and it was raining as she fixed her engagement ring, the one Jace Hastings had given her.

"You can't keep putting these decisions off."

"Fine, from Maine we'll take a ferry to Nova Scotia." Olivia snapped, "Or maybe to end my suffering we'll go to New Orleans so Marcel Gerard can finish me off, just like he did with my brothers."

Stefan turned his head to look at her for a few seconds, he saw the hurt in her eyes while she saw his sympathetic look. He turned his head back around, focusing on the road as he slightly gripped the steering wheel.

"I wasn't talking about that decision." Olivia let out a shaky breath, one loud enough for them to hear as she closed her eyes. Stefan gripped the steering wheel tighter, afraid of her answer once he asked the question, "Do you love him?"

The one question Caroline always asked her once she found out Olivia was engaged. The hybrid managed to dodge the question by bringing up the kids around but now she had no distraction to dodge it. She sighed and looked at him, "Can you love someone and leave them behind right when you need each other the most?"

"I love you, Olivia and I know it's not fair to say something like this but I do, because that kind of love doesn't just disappear, it doesn't fade. I still love you, always and forever but if there's a single chance that you might still love me, I'm not going to throw it away." Stefan spoke, turning his head every once in a while to make sure she was listening, "The only reason I fought to escape Rayna was to find you and our kids, you guys are the reason I am still standing. I just need to know if he knows you like I do? Your quirks, your frustrations, how you smile when you blush or when you curl your lips and frown your eyebrows when you concentrate enough? Does he know how you take out your anger on archery, how your art defines you? Does he make you see the stars like we did when we traveled to Paris and Italy? You, Hunter, and Elle are the reason I made it home, the reason I realized home isn't a place, it's a feeling, it's a person and you are it—the three of you."