fifteen

tvd: season 8, episode 12 - what are you
tvd: season 8, episode 14 - it's been a hell of a ride

tvd: season 8, episode 12 - what are youtvd: season 8, episode 14 - it's been a hell of a ride

GUILT. IT CONSUMES EVERYONE BIT BY BIT, YEAR BY YEAR, you remember the one thing you will always regret. It is a feeling that everyone is familiar with, it usually consumes people when they regret the actions they do, there are different forms of guilt. Every person has felt guilt once in their lifetime and for Olivia Mikaelson she will always regret hurting the people she loves the most while for Stefan Salvatore it was regretting the things he did while his humanity was switched off and he became the Ripper. Olivia was minutes away from Bonnie's safe house, where she had moved Elena's body.

When she arrived at the house she took notice of Stefan making his way towards Enzo, who had his back facing the Salvatore brother. The blonde hybrid quickly placed her car in park before jumping out of her car. Using her vampire speed the blonde quickly took hold of Stefan's hand causing Enzo to turn around finding the two of them behind him.

"Surprise." Olivia faked a smile, before she took hold of his hand and used her vampire speed to push him against the wall of the house. "It's over, Stefan. Give up."

"Not a chance sweetheart." Stefan smirked, quickly pushing her hold on him. Olivia was about to fight back when he switched them, the hybrid's back hitting against the wall. The blonde groaned in pain while he smirked in satisfaction. "Well, we should finish this together, don't you think?"

Olivia glared at him, she brought her hands up and placed them on his cheek. His eyes held determination on killing Elena and it scared Olivia because she knew he would do anything to kill the Gilbert girl. The blonde hybrid made eye contact with those green eyes before she looked away.

"I didn't want to do this but you've given me no choice." She looked back into those eyes as she compelled him, "It's over Stefan, turn it back on. Turn your humanity back on, feel all those emotions roll through, it might break you but feel something—anything."

The minute she compelled him, Stefan backed away as he felt all the memories flash through his mind, all the kills, all the blood. His legs gave up on him as he fell to the floor, grabbing hold of his head, wanting the memories to go away. Olivia immediately lowered herself down beside him.

Stefan opened his eyes, looking over at Olivia before looking over at Bonnie and Enzo, the both of them intensely looking at the couple. The Salvatore looked over at Enzo, "I almost—I could have—"

"But you didn't." Enzo interrupted him, knowing that if Olivia didn't come in time, he would have been dead.

Olivia took hold of his chin and lifted it so he could look at her, "You didn't, okay." She sighed, placing her forehead against his, she closed her eyes for a moment, "I know you're struggling but please, please let's go home."

***

On their way back to Mystic Falls, Stefan has been silent the whole car ride. Whenever he closes his eyes all he sees are the people he had killed, over and over again. After Christmas the victims just continued to pile up. Olivia frowned knowing Stefan was putting himself back into his dark place, one where he feels guilty.