Saving Rubble

• Dedicated to Jasmine

Katie pov

I walked into my room and when i looked at Emily i saw Rocky was there too. He scared me for a second, since he slowly looked up at me it creeped me out. So i flinched and put my right hand on my chest.

When he confirmed it to be him, i let out a sigh of relief.

"Katie?" He questioned.

I looked in my nightstand on the left side on the bed and i nodded. I opened the cabinet and i got the flashlight out.

"Just came in here to get the flashlight." I told him as i got it out.

He nodded and i looked at Emily, she was still sleeping.

"Was she asleep the whole time?"

"No, she woke up for a minute but i told her to get more rest." He informed me. "I think it wasn't Marshall's attack that got her feeling weak, she might be ill with something."

He made me wonder if he is telling the truth or not, can she be sick instead of injured? I mean, when i felt her head she was pretty hot. I looked her and back at Rocky.

"I'll take another look at her, but right now i gotta save Rubble." I told him as i walked to the door.

"Rubble?" He asked as i opened the door.

"Follow me if you want to help too." I told him as i left the room, leaving the door open in case he wanted to follow along with us.

Marshall pov

The fog only became even thicker than it already was, we can hardly even see each other anymore.

"Pups where are you?" A voice, sounding like Skye's, said.

"Skye, i told you not to go too far." Chase said as Everest tightly grabbed on to me.

"Uh, babe your squizing my arm."

She ignored me, even made an annoyed sound for some reason. I don't understand, it fells like she is starting to not love me anymore like before. 

 "I got it everyone!" I heard Katie say, also seeing the beam of light.

We could finally see clearly now, so we just had to choose who stayes to look after Ryder.

"I can stay and look after Ryder." Everest offered.

I took stand and told her. "I can stay too!"

Everest gave another annoyed noise, and quickly replied. "No, you need to go help them, the more the better."

I shrugged and they headed off to the lookout, with me following them.

Everest pov

I watched as they walked away and i looked at Ryder, he looked cold so i felt his head. The rain was still pouring and it was also getting chilly. I went inside the clinic and i searched for a blanket, i didn't find one what so ever.

"Hmm... where could they be?" I thought as i looked around.

I looked at the part of the clinic i never looked into and i thought maybe i could possibly find a blanket there. I walked into the hall and i opened the first door.

I saw nothing there, just some medical supplies but no blanket. I searched around for any blanket, just in case.

 I left the room and the door across from it stood out from the others, the color of the door was pink. So i creacked it open and when i looked inside i gasped and quickly shut the door.

"Oh boy, i feel so strange now." I said, realizing i just saw something i wasn't supposed to see.

I looked at another room, trying to unsee what i just saw. I was pretty surprised when i saw what it was.  But, that doesn't matter now, i found a blanket in the room next door.

This room looked like some kind of guest room of some sort, and it seemed pretty cozzy with it's soft bed and tv in the room as well. Heck, it would be cool if this was actually my room. If i run away like Rocky, i coming here for sure.

I got the blanket and i ran back to Ryder, glancing at the room as i passed by. I did feel a strange and unusual feeling, but that's alright i suppose. I noticed a pup taking a bath with cucumbers on his eyes and headphones on, he seems careless.

I got to Ryder and i wrapped him around the soft blanket to keep him warm.

Chase pov

We already made our way past the bridge, and Marshall seemed real down lately. As we fully crossed the bridge, i asked him.

"Marshall, what's up?"

He looked up and shook his head, i can tell he probably doesn't want to talk about it. Finally, something was in sight, it looked like pup. Oh, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it's Rubble. 

We all quickly ran our way towards the pup, hoping he is okay. We reached him and he looked like he was out cold, litlerity. 

"Is he alright?" Skye asked as i checked his pulse.

I felt his right paw's wrist and his heart was still pumping, but by the looks of his condiction that won't be for much longer. I nodded and i carried him on my back, since i am the only pup who can carry Rubble really.

"What about Ryder?" Katie questioned.

"Good question, Zuma you know how to use Rubble's rig right?" I asked as Zuma nodded nervously.

"Yeah, but i'm not well at it." He said as he looked at where the lookout was. "But if it's for Ryder i'll do it for sure."

We agreed to meet back at the clinic and off we went.

Everest pov

I laid next to Ryder as i started thinking about the realtionship between me and Marshall, i don't really think it's working out well for any of us. Well. me actually.

I don't know why, but i think i have mixed emotions for Rocky right now. I did feel kind of weird when i saw him kiss Emily back there, i mean i was not expecting that... But i think what i felt back there was the so called jealousy, but that's the reason why Rocky was mad in the first place.

But yet, i don't have a clue what i should do about these feelings. I sighed and waited for the pups to get Rubble over here. I shut my eyes for a while and i day dreamed about somethings i would like to see happen...

A while later a light hit against my eye, and i opened them and shut them once again. I noticed it was the pups, so i got up and streched.

"We got him." Marshall said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hehe, great..." I told him.

I tried my best to see interested, but i guess i sort of messed up on that already, he was getting spektical.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded and signaled as to why he asked, while i did everyone went inside the clinic to go care for Rubble.

"It just seems like you're distracted or something, are you mad?" He asked

I shook my head and looked away, avoiding unnessary eye contact with him. He just shrugged his shoulders and left with the others, leaving me with Ryder again. I sighed once more and made myself comfortable near by him and i laid down.

I heard something, like Rubble's rig, somewhere pretty far. I looked up and i saw that it was actually his rig after all!

When i saw who was driving, it was Zuma.

"Hey Everest!" He cried.

I got up and waved to him, i also moved out of his way so he can pick up Ryder. After he picked him up, i got the blanket and started folding it. I then carried it as Zuma made his way inside the clinic.

I walked inside and Katie was already waiting for Zuma to enter with Ryder, she got one of the hospital things that paramedics use to pick up people. I helped her carry it and when he set Ryder down on it, we made our way to the emergancy room.

As we walked over there, Katie stated with worry

"I sure hope he's alright."