Running away

Rocky pov

It was nighttime, i had all my stuff ready in my pup pack. I was still in my pup house as i packed up my favorite ball. I wiped it on my pup pack, since it was covered in slobber, and put it in.

I checked outside to see if any pup was still awake. I tip toed in my Jordans, which i got yesterday. "Tip toeing in my Jordan's" i thought in my mind. I couldn't held up chuckle a bit. I heard a cricket creak as i pass by. I looked at the dark night sky and saw an owl fly towards the woods, maybe lil' hootie's mother.

I sighed and looked back at the lookout. There in an instant, thousands of memories flooded in my mind. When Marshall would bump into us the evaluator, when the turtles were here, when Marshall sprayed me with the hose and Alex wiping out in his super trike, and then me dancing on the tennis balls... Hehe all going away forever now, no more shall i be in the Paw Patrol.

I turned away before i took one last glance at Everest. "Why won't you love me?" I thought as i frowned. Her beauty was too much for me, the way she would play fetch and how majestic she looked when the wind blew her fur.

I walked away and towards the pup park. It was scary, i was never this far away from home this late. Plus, i was alone and the lighting was dim. Everything was super quiet, nearly too quiet.

I gave a skeptical look and shrugged as i walked away. I couldn't help but feel like someone knows i'm running away...

Chase pov

I slightly peaked a look out of my pup house and saw Rocky. "What is Rocky doing out so late?" I thought.

I saw him walk out of sight, i wonder where he's going that so dang important. I just ignored Rocky got some shut eye.

Rocky pov

I walked towards the pup park and saw a couple shadows run past me. I heard a faint laugh, like of a child's laughter, and a ball bouncing. I looked behind me and saw two figures playing catch where i was a couple yards. I gulped and walked along.

I looked around and i suddenly remembered as to why shadows play out here at night. Let me go into a story telling fashion...

One day in Adventure Bay...

A bus full of kids was passing by this very bridge. The kids were riding over here for a game of kick ball. Then suddenly, the tire popped and it spun out. It crashed threw the bars that usually block cars from going threw.

Unfortunately, the bus shot right threw it and landed in the bay. No one survived, not even the pup that was in the bus. No bodies were reported to be found, they only thing they could find was the collar that belonged to the dog.

Myths say that at nighttime, the departed souls of the children play kickball in this very bridge. The pup also plays along at times, but the pup is known to kill. So if on the bridge at night, proceed with cation.

Back to Rocky...

I just looked straight at the pup park and i heard many faint laughter and barking too. I felt them somehow, get closer...

I stopped in my tracks and the sound only got even louder. I then ran instead of walking, the pup park was near by now anyways. I saw a figure in the pup park, maybe it's the pup. I ran towards it and i saw who the pup was.

"Finally, about time, Rocky." The golden lab said. It was her, i looked back and saw nothing but thick fog on the bridge while here at the pup park it's not even foggy.

"Sorry i was late." I said as i set down my pup pack.

"So where are we going?" I asked her. The pup smiled at me and she said. "I have a cottage near by a lake over there." She said as he pointed her paw towards the woods.

"Alright, good." I said as i took out an apple from my pup pack. "Want a bite?" I asked as i bit into the apple. She looked out into the bay and then said. "Alright." I tossed her the apple and she caught it, looking at the apple to catch it.

She took a bite out of it and handed it back. "Thanks." She said as she swallowed. I nodded and i bit the apple, i was hungry.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I said as i sat down next to her. She nodded, not saying a word. The moonlight shined on the beach like if a yellowish-white glitter was floating on the beach.

The moon was as yellow as cheese and the stars as white as snow. "Let's go." She suddenly said.

"Alright." I said as i took another bite.

I picked up my pup pack and i caught up with the pup. "I forgot to ask you, what's your name?" I asked the beautiful Golden Lab, wait what? Do i happen to like this pup? Nah, do i?

"My name's Goldilocks, but i prefer if you call me Emily." She said as we walked into the woods. "Ok, Emily. Who named you by the way?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"My mom, she named me that because i was the only one with golden hair." Emily replied. I offered her the apple and she took it, i guess she was hungry too.

"Do you life alone?" I asked her. She nodded and we went threw some bushes. There i saw a cottage near by a lake and a well next to it.

"How old are you, Emily?" I asked. "I'm 3, how about you?" She asked in return."

"I'm 3, turning 4 in 7 months" I told her.

"I'm turning 4 in 9 months." She said, i guess we're two months apart then. We walked past the lake, yuck... "Isn't there another way of getting across?" I asked.

"Nope." She responded as she ate the apple and handed the rest to me.

She opened the door and there i saw a fireplace in other side of the wall with a picture of a buck on top of it. On the right side was a wood carved table and chairs with straw mats and wooden coasters. As the curtains, they were just wood screwed on the wall that you can close and open at anytime.

The mat in front of us was a bear, like you would usually see you know what i mean. Then a big bed on the left side next to the bed and a fridge on the wall where we're at. Also it had counters too and that's basically it, it appears this place doesn't have electricity.

"Did you do this all by yourself?" I asked as she closed the door behind me.

"Yup. Made everything, i'm sort of a tomboy." She replied.

"Did you make the fridge too?" I asked as she took off my pup pack and set it next to the bed. "Yes, but it uses ice cubes and i steal the ice."

"Wow." I said as i sat on the bed. "Yup, you tired?" She asked.

I nodded and she hopped on. She took out a blanket that was behind the pillows. I laid down and she covered me with the blanket, she also covered up herself on the process.

"Well i'm gonna sleep in a bit too." She said as she set the fireplace up. It instantly felt warm and i saw her painting a picture.

"What are you painting?" I asked across the room. "The outside of this window." She said as she took a peak.

"I can only work on it at night because the painting is called Midnight Forest." She replied.

"Oh." I said. "Well goodnight, and nice painting too." She turned around and smiled as i rested my head on the pillow. "Goodnight, and thanks, sweet dreams Rocky."

I shut my eyes and began to sleep peacefully, i just realized today i didn't cry myself to bed.