What goes around Comes back around.

After the events of last chapter, Rocky and Emily returned to their proper cottage while the others stayed in the lookout. Katie and Callie went home, right now Everest is experiencing something she thought she wouldn't have; Jealously. Idea credit goes to Quentin101
------------

Everest pov

While the other pups were watching their Apollo the Superpup show, i was in my pup house.

What am i doing you may ask? Just thinking is all, lately i've been having weird mixed emotions for Rocky. It's like when he suddenly started hanging out with this Emily pup, i've just seen him differently.

Well it has been a while since i've ever seen him happy, now that he's with her i think he's happy at last. I just can't help but feel like i'm one of the causes. Why do i fell weird with Rocky though? I mean, yeah Marshall's my boyfriend and all. Lately he's sort of been a jerk.

I gave a small sigh and i rested my head on the pillow i had. It was the afternoon, the sunset will come soon enough. This reminds me of a time when things were sort of... Different...

Flashback to about 5 months ago...

I was walking on the beach with Rocky while the pups were playing volleyball.

"How do you like the water, Rocky?" I asked the friendly and happy eco pup.

"Uhh... As much as it likes me." He said with a slight shiver.

I giggled at his response, when he's scared he sees awfully... Well... It's hard to explain. I looked at Mr. Porter's restaurant for a quick second. When i looked back, i saw something running away from the area. I looked closer, and there i saw a golden retriever running away with a bag of ice.

"That's weird." I mumbled to myself.

"What's weird?" Rocky asked as we stopped.

I came into reality and i just gave him a light shake on the head, signaling i had nothing in mind. Well i did, but i just couldn't spit it out right now.

"Hey pups." I heard someone say behind us.

I looked back and there was a Dalmatian, Marshall. As me and Rocky sat down on the beach, he did the same as well. We all looked at the sunset, which was really pretty.

I noticed Rocky looked annoyed at Marshall for some reason. I let it go, considering they're friends, i think Marshall just did something Rocky didn't find pleasant.

"So, Everest, i was meaning to tell you something." Rocky said as he looked down at his paws.

"Yeah?"

"Hold on, hold on. I have something to ask you too!" Marshall added.

I gave a confused look, i looked at the beach and then back at them.

"Ok, but who goes first?..." I stated.

Rocky and Marshall looked at each other, instantly Marshall replied to my statement.

"I will, Rocky goes second because he took the last ice cream." Marshall said with slight annoyance and anger.

"Ok..." Rocky responded.

I told him to say what he was gonna say, but Marshall said that it wasn't possible to say it because it was personal. So i asked Rocky if he could excuse his self.

"Ok, what do you wanna tell me?" I said as Rocky walked away.

"I've been meaning to tell you..." He said as he looked back. "I like you and i want you to be my girlfriend."

He looked back and i gave him an uneasy look. Sure, Marshall's a great pup, but i'm not curtain if i should go for it...

"Marshall..." I said as i looked behind him.

I saw Rocky socializing with Skye, they were laughing and messing around. They were playing tug-of-war together. It seems Rocky was more comfortable with her than me, that must only mean he only pretends to enjoy being with me... Which makes my answer clear...

"Yes, Marshall, i will."

Back to the present...

"Oh man, i let jealously get in the way of who i really loved!" I thought to myself.

I know it's not like me, but i need to get back at Emily for stealing Rocky from me...

Rocky pov

I was fishing in the lake near by for tonight's dinner. As i waited for the fishes to nibble, i looked at the sunset. The sunset reminded me of the day my heart was broken... But that's behind me now, so things turned out great for everyone.

I finally got a bite and then i heard rustling in the bushes. I looked back as i got the fish, nothing was there so i ignored it. I unhooked the fish and threw it into the no longer empty bucket as it squirmed around.

I put another worm on the hook and threw it back in the lake. Shortly after, i heard a scream coming from the cottage. When i turned to see what happened i noticed the bushes rustling again. I dropped the fishing rod and i rushed to the cottage.

There, i saw Emily in pain and agony. Her leg didn't look right...

"Rocky..." She said as i went to go help her.

"How did this happen to you?" I asked her in worry.

"Someone came up behind me and broke my leg..." She said while in pain.

"Who could've done this?!"

Everest pov

I started running away, i don't know where, but i ran away. Oh what did i do?! Did i let jealously get the best of me again? Oh jeez, Everest you've really done it this time...