Chapter Ten

You were woken up from your slumber by the sound of leaves rustling. By now it was pitch black out side with the consideration of staticky lighting every now and then. You poked your head out from the tree to see if you could make out anything. You couldn't see anything, but you could definitely hear it. It got closer and closer until the footsteps stopped. You were about to fully emerge from the tree, but a deep voice stopped you.

"She couldn't have gotten that far," you heard the oh so familiar voice speak.

You placed your hands over your mouth before you made a noise. You quietly slid back into the hollowed out part of the tree. You were shaking so bad to the point you couldn't stop yourself. You knew if made any type of noise he would definitely find you. You just screwed your eyes shut and prayed to whatever was out there that this man wouldn't find you.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuji had been walking for a few hours or so before he took a small breather. He could tell he was getting close. He mumbled to himself after stopping his pace.

"She couldn't have gotten that far," he spoke to himself.

He cursed himself for not bringing a flashlight. He even had it written on his list. He grumbled as he sat down and rested his back on a hollowed out tree. He opened a protein bar and began munching away. After he was finished with that he tossed the wrapper behind him. He rested his head against the back of the tree.

"I get this strange feeling. Almost as if she's here with me right now," he said with a crazy closed eye smile.

He let out a small chuckle. He knew he was going to find her sooner or later. Whether she give herself up, or he finds her. Either way she'll be with him once again, and they'll live happily ever after. His eyes began to slowly close, but a small rain drop hit his nose and woke him back up. He looked up at the sky as a strike of lightning lit it up. He could tell it was about to storm. He sighed as he heaved his bag back onto his back and stood up. He walked around to the other side of the tree and stood in the open area. He looked up once again as the rain began to fall.

~~~~~~~~~~

You held your breath. Silence. You listened as the man got up and walked around. You stared out the opening of the tree. A flash of lightning illuminated the tall man in front of you. He looked peacefully insane. He looked relaxed, but the crazed smile on his face said other wise. You felt as tears streamed down your face. This was it, he was going to catch you. You might have gotten far, but you gave it your all. You knew it would be better to give up, but something inside of you wouldn't let you do that. So you sat there, you sat there in that hollowed out tree awaiting your fate. Your hands were clutched so tightly over your mouth you knew that there was going to be a bruise. You watched as the lightning dissipated and you could no longer see the psychotic man. Your tears were flowing silently when you felt something heavy thrown onto your stomach.

10...

You heard the rustling of the leaves as the man began to move about.

9...8...

You felt his presence grow closer.

7...6...5...

Your golf ball sized eyes stared out of the opening of the tree.

4...3...

You felt a a the wind no longer made its way into the tree. As if something was blocking the entrance.

2...

A bright flash of blue lighting emerged from the black clouds.

1...

You and your crazy kidnapper made eye contact. The looks on each of your faces were telling different stories. He, of course, had a crazy smile. But his face also dawned a furious look. You on the other hand was too scared to even scream.

"Gotcha," he said in a low voice.

His hand darted out for you. You used whatever strength you had left and kicked the man right in the gut. He tumbled out of the hollowed tree entrance, and held his stomach for a moment. Just enough time for you to start running. You sprang up from your hiding position, and began to run. You heard him screaming at you as his foot prints grew nearer. You blocked out his words as you were so focused on getting away. Perhaps a little too focused. You still heard the muffled screams of Fuji when you slipped, and began to fall down a muddy slope. You crashed into the ground, and began to slide and roll down the side. You rolled your ankle in the process, so bad that you thought you broke it. You cried out in pain as you were still making your way down the hill. You hit the ground, hard, one last time before you finally stopped moving. You tried to reach down and hold your ankle, but your movement was cut short as you felt a flaming pain in your shoulder. Dislocated. You used your left hand to grab the dislocated shoulder. Your cries were heard by the contemplating man standing at the top of the slope. You deserved it, you deserved it so much. You shouldn't have run away from him. But you need help, and bad. There's no way someone could fall down that hill and not get hurt. He bit his lip as he questioned what he should do, but after he heard you give a guttural scream of pain, his legs moved on their own. He strategically slid down the slope, making sure to not hurt himself in the process. He felt his feet land onto even ground, and he began searching for you. He heard your quiet sniffles grow louder. That's when you he lightning lit up the entire sky. A disheveled mess is all he saw. He careful rushed over to you.

"(Y/n)," he spoke softly.

No response. He did, however, feel you shiver, so he knew you were alive.

"(Y/n)," he said a little louder as he shook you by your shoulders.

Your eyes screwed shut even tighter as you screamed at the pain. Fuji quickly released his hands from you.  He pulled out his flashlight and shone it on you.

"..help..me please," you said in a hoarse voice.

"That's what I'm trying to do silly," Fuji said with a worried chuckle.

You moved over to him to the best of your ability. You fumbled your hands around as you tried to find him. Once you felt a warm hand, you clutched onto the arm as tightly as you could without hurting.

"I..I'm scared. Please Fuji just...just hold me," you cried out.

The rational side of him only knew you were seeking out comfort, but the other side told himself you loved him. You even said it yourself at dinner. You careful scooped you into his arms, and held you like an infant child. He held you so that your left shoulder was pressed against his chest. He cradled your head right under his chin, and the two of you sat there in peace. Silence. Comfort. It was pure ecstasy for the pale man. He lightly kissed the top of your head as he stood up.

"It's gonna be okay," he promised you.

The police sirens growing closer disagreed with the man.

___________

Good morning crusty crew. I have ONE more day of school left🥳. Anyway I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and I'll try and get the next one out as soon as I can.