Chapter 19

~1 day earlier~

"You're making a mistake!" Ito shouted as he drove away from the police station.

Fired. Ito had just been fired.

"Bullshit," he shouted as he slammed his car door once he reached his home.

He stormed inside of the house, slamming the door as well. He kicked his shoes off to the side and plopped down onto the couch. He held his temples as he grumbled. They act like it's all his fault that Fuji got away. IT'S NOT! Everyone makes mistakes. He should've just fired his gun when he had the chance. He grabbed the tv remote and turned on the tv.

The news popped up.

He watched intently, waiting for the case to show up, but it never did. Why wasn't the media bringing more light to the situation? He didn't know. Probably because everyone is an idiot who can't use their fucking brains.

Once he was tired of watching tv he got up and made his way to the kitchen. He began to prepare a small meal. As he started the stove his phone began to ring. He let out an annoyed sigh as he checked the caller ID.

Mother

He swiftly answered the phone.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hello dear," the lady on the other end said.

"Did you need something?" He asked as he stirred the food.

"...well, your boss called me and-"

She was cut short by Ito grunting in dissatisfaction.

"Oh stop that. I was going to tell you that you have a lot of free time now. You should get out now that you have the time. Go see some neighboring towns, go see some friends, just promise me you'll take care of yourself. Heck, try and find another job if you want. " his mother said as he stayed silent.

She sighed," well I love you son."

And with that the call was ended. Ito stared at his phone screen for a moment before turning it off.

He went back to his cooking. Once he was done he plated his dish, and sat at the table. He ate slowly as he took in his mother's words. She was probably right about him needing to get out of the house.

Clink

He set his plate back into the sink after finishing dinner. He paced a little before picking up his phone again.

Ray

The ID read.

'Hey, you got anything going on tomorrow?'

After a few moments the man named Ray responded.

'No not that I can think of. Why?'

'Wanna go out for some drinks then?'

'Sure, I'm always down to drink lol. Though I would prefer we drink at my place. The 'good' bar is closed due to reconstruction.'

'Alright I'll see you at 6:00 then.'

Ito turned off his phone as he went down the hall and into his room. He pulled out a small duffel bag. He placed a shirt, pants, socks, and other clothing items in it. Since Ray lived out of town he decided that he's drive there and just spend the night.

After he was done packing he grabbed his car keys and inserted them into the ignition. The engine started up with a low grumbled, and he took off.