Chapter 24

I'm so thankful for you guys. We're almost at 100k reads!! Can you believe it! I never in a million years would've thought I could come this far, but I couldn't do it without you guys. I'm so thankful to have such amazing people reading this trash ass story😂.

Also this chapter is a little intense at some parts. Nothing too wild just a little deep. That's all.

~~~~~~~~~

"Ahmya I wanna go outside," you said as you watched the rain pour down outside the window.

"No. You said that man is in this town, correct?" She asked you while she flipped pancakes.

"Yes, but I've been stuck in this house for over three weeks. I need some fresh air. I need to do something to get my mind off of...that," you said quietly.

Ahmya just looked at you with a sad look. She pitied you. Such a young girl stuck in a situation like this.

She sighed," (y/n), please, I'm trying to keep you safe-"

"Just for an hour!" You cut in.
"I'll be back in exactly one hour, I swear on my life!"

She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples.

"(Y/n), if you wanna go that bad let me come with you-"

"Ahmya," you started," I need some time by myself. Please."

Ahmya once again closed her eyes and tilted her head down. She stayed quiet.

"Ahmya..?" You asked confused by her demeanor.

"(Y/n), I see you as a daughter...did I ever tell you that I had a daughter?" Ahmya stared as she looked into your (e/c) eyes.
"She was amazing. The best child a mother could ask for. She asked me to go out one night, I said yes since I had no reason not to. After a couple of hours I began to get worried. I went out to search for her, but I could never find her. I called the police and we did everything we could, but nothing...every night before I met you I would go out and search. I've been doing this for the past 7 years. I miss her so much. I know that I'll never see her a agin, but a small part of me has hope. Hope that she'll be at the front door when I come home from the store, running into my arms."

At this point Ahmya was on the verge of wailing, but she controlled herself.

"Like is said. I see you as a daughter, and I don't want the same thing happening to you too," she said as she held her head with one hand and rested the other atop yours.

"A-Ahmya I..I don't know. I'm sorry if I upset you-"

"It's fine my child. It's not your fault. I get it. You're a kid, you wanna get out," Ahmya spoke softly, wiping the tears from her face.
"One hour."

You looked up at her with a shocked expression.

"I'll give you some money because I also need some groceries," she said as she stood up and made her way to her purse.

"A-Ahmya you really don't have too-"

"Nonsense. I know how you feel. A breath of fresh air will be good for you."

_________

You had an umbrella above your head, and a raincoat covering your body. It wasn't raining as hard as it was earlier, but still hard enough. You kicked through the puddles as you walked down the sidewalk.

"I bet he's not even here anymore," you said to yourself as you kept on walking.
"He probably gave up. Went to find a new fixation."

You twirled the umbrella above your head slightly as you hummed. You were relaxed. It has been so long since you could just take a nice breath of air.