~ Eight ~

"Now, you need to explain to me what were you doing with Mr

"Now, you need to explain to me what were you doing with Mr. Bad Boy From Wesseltown High yesterday." Piper said to Delancey with a teasing smile.

They were at the ice cream shop that had just recently opened which Piper had been gushing on about and practically begged Delancey to check it out with her. 

And so here they were, sitting at one of the booths with a chocolate mint ice cream in front of Piper and a mixed berries one in front of Delancey.

Delancey rolled her eyes as she scooped some of her ice cream and put the spoon in her mouth.

"He needs help with his studies so he asked me to tutor him."

As she said that, Piper's spoon dropped from her hand and she stared at Delancey in shock.

"Did I really hear correctly what you've just said or do I suddenly develop a hearing damage?"

She can't believed it! Her best friend, the strict and cold Delancey Hardy, was tutoring the new guy! What's more shocking was that the boy had that big of a courage to ask her to tutor him.

"He must be really something to have you accept him with open arms," she mused and Delancey glared at her.

"I was helping! None of the other students even dare to approach me so he's actually the first person to do that… I'm not evil, like they all see me as." Delancey defended herself, swallowing another scoop of ice cream and feeling the coolness in her throat as the taste of sour-sweetness lingered on her tongue.

"Hmm, true," Piper agreed.

How she and Delancey became friends was also because they have known each other since kindergarten and were also neighbours before both of them went to Wellsworth Academy.

Delancey then without warning scooped some of her chocolate mint ice cream and put it into her mouth, snapping Piper out of her thoughts as she yelled quietly at her best friend, trying to not get the attention of other people. Delancey only smiled innocently at her and Piper scooped some of the black haired girl's berries ice cream as well.

They were talking and laughing about how Piper had once mistaken her trash can as her laundry basket and had thrown her shirt into it because she was too sleepy when the bell by the entry door jingled, indicating someone had just come in.

"Oh, gosh, Dee, I swear you guys are meant to be together." Piper said in a quiet voice as if she was telling a secret while her eyes were staring straight at something behind Delancey.

Delancey turned around, confused by what Piper had just said when she saw Ashton Sawyer, Julian Kenneth and Roxy Zachary entering the ice cream shop. Then Ashton turned around and their eyes met while he seemed shocked, like he wasn't expecting to see her being all casual in an ice cream shop. They stared at each other for a while before Ashton smiled and gave her a small wave. Roxy then turned around as if to talk to him but then when she followed his gaze and looked at Delancey who glanced at her, her smile vanished from her face and she seemed pissed as she whispered something to him.