~ Sixteen ~

It had been a week since Delancey received the unknown message from the unknown person and although she was not sure who it was, deep down in the back of her mind, she knew who it was

Because only him would call her "little miss perfect prefect".

Still, she did not tell anybody about the message and just dismissed it because she was sure if it was him, he wouldn't have the chance to hurt her knowing she was at a safe place. As long as she was in the academy's territory, with her father or Piper or Ashton, especially Ashton, she'd be safe. Being with him had made her felt very safe, surprisingly. She wouldn't want to admit to it because she wouldn't want to come out as those cliché girls she read in books or watch in movies but she can't help admitting that Ashton was unlike other boys she has ever been around. Even the boy students she was used to giving detention to would creeped her out sometimes, that was why she took advantage of her head prefect's privilege, acting as if she was someone to be scared of and respected. Although, deep down there was always doubt and a feeling that she felt so small and if she were ever to let her guard down, a boy who is bigger and stronger than her would try something to her that she wouldn't wish upon herself or any other girls.

What Matthias Xanders did really had scarred and traumatized her, it seemed.

It was different with Ashton though. He respected her no matter if she had let her guard down, which had been so frequent now she felt like a completely different Delancey Hardy at times and had to compose herself. He also made her feel carefree and that she could be as fragile as possible and nothing could hurt her whenever he is around.

Either he just had that effect on everyone or she has completely fallen for him, she didn't know and was afraid to know.

"You won't believe what happened to me." Piper asked as she approached hers and Delancey's usual table during dinner time.

Delancey had been waiting at the cafeteria for more than fifteen minutes for her best friend to appear, and here she finally was, with the brightest smile on her face and a pink tint to her cheeks. Her best friend was wearing an oversized hoodie and leggings that night, carrying a tray with that night's dinner meal which were a bowl of mushroom soup and a plate of macaroni and cheese as well as a glass of orange juice.

"You just received a letter of proposal from a fairytale prince?" Delancey joked as her blonde friend took a seat beside her.

"Close. Take a guess." Piper replied. She picked up a forkful of macaroni and shoved it into her mouth and hummed to herself. "I swear, if there's a school with good cafeteria food, it's this school. I'm so glad we don't have to live off cardboard cafeteria food like most schools have."

"Well, what can I say? My dad's a generous man." the principal's daughter beamed.

"That, he is," Piper paused. "Now guess!"

Delancey shook her head and took a sip from her orange juice. "I'm not up for guessing games, Pip. Besides, I think I already know but I wanna hear it from you."