~ Thirteen ~

"You lied to me!" she exclaimed, not caring if she was getting the attentions of the other strangers around her

Her focus was set on the boy who had dragged her into this and he would be getting a lecture from her, like it or not, as she stomped up to him.

Suddenly the worry turned into anger as she looked him over, who grimaced while she continued yelling at him.

"You told me you were used to this… this is what you call hanging out? Last time I checked, hanging and chilling out does not mean getting beat up. I was right this whole time! You should have listened to me and gone home but no! Instead you got into a fight and... and… ugh! I'm not gonna talk to you, now get in the car."

None of the others said anything as they watched Ashton surprisingly obediently got into the car, the boy they knew as being the one who others listen to, not the other way around. They only managed to give him a look that was a mix between sympathetic and shock.

Still, they were all silent as Delancey glared at Rodger this time.

"You too, Mr. Benson. And don't you dare drive, I'm driving this time."

And, of course, into the car Rodger went.

With that said, Delancey turned to Darren who had an amused look and also terrified at the same time but he quickly covered it up with a smile.

"Man, I never thought you'd be such a tiger. You scared all of us, random girl."

"It's Delancey," she paused, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "And thank you for… helping."

"Well, Ashton's like my little brother, of course I'll help him anytime. And nice to meet you, Delancey. We'll maybe see each other again soon but right now those guys really need to get checked on." he replied, nodding at the two boys in the powder blue car.

Delancey nodded. "Thank you again."

She walked away after both Darren and Jamie waved at her with a smile on their face and then she climbed into the driver's seat before fishing out Ashton's phone from her pocket and handing it to him who took it silently. Then she started up the car and drove away just as the motorbikes scrambled away.

She drove in silent, a scowl on her all the way while the two boys with her not knowing where they were heading to.

"Look, I—"

"Shut up," she snapped and instantly, Ashton went quiet again.

She turned the corner and soon they were driving among rows and rows of double-storey houses. She suddenly stopped and parked right in front of a house with white freshly painted gates and turned off the engine before opening the car door.

"Get out." she ordered as she climbed out, to which both boys obeyed again, of course.

She walked toward the gates and opened one side of it as it was not locked, before going inside and knocked on the door. They waited a few seconds before the door swung opened, revealing Nurse Mikayla, but with normal attire and not in her usual nurse uniform as she smiled at Delancey.