~ Twelve ~

Delancey hadn't done any interaction with Ashton right after the day Roxy had lied

Although she did go ask Julian, who was confused that the head prefect was suddenly talking to him and asking about his roommate's wherabouts while he thought he was in trouble at first when the girl approached him in the Art room one Tuesday, a day before the long awaited break.

"Is Ashton and Roxy… romantically involved?" she had asked him.

His first reaction was to ask her back "what the hell does that have to do with me?" but it was the head prefect, and she might send him to straight detention if he ever did so. Plus, he knew how uncomfortable Ashton was being around Roxy since the girl can't seem to respect his boundaries, grabbing his hand and touching him. If the roles were reversed and she was a boy while Ashton was a girl, Roxy would have been reported to the police.

Oh, how Julian couldn't stand the girl himself.

"Believe me, he's not. Both of us hate her and we're not sorry for that. Anytime that she asked him to hang out my dude practically dragged me along as well." he replied to the waiting Delancey, stroking a brush to the sky painting he was doing.

"Oh, okay." the voice came out quiet and small, not like the confident and strict Delancey Hardy that everyone in Wellsworth Academy recognized.

Julian stopped his brush strokes in midair, turning to the entry of the room to make sure he was actually talking to the head prefect and not her secret twin. When he looked at her, she was looking at his painting.

She looked like herself, her high ponytail still intact, her uniform being wrinkle-free and groomed, and her shoes polished to perfection. But he noticed something else, if it wasn't for his observant self, he was sure he wouldn't notice but he realized how Delancey was not standing in her usual confident stance. Instead, her shoulders were slumped and she seemed exhausted, under eye circles forming under her bright icy blue eyes.

"Um… are you… uh, alright?" he asked slowly, not sure if he should ask her if she was alright.

Do you ask that to the Head Prefect?

Then he felt like choking himself with some paint because of how stupid that thought seemed. Of course it's fine to ask that to the head prefect, she's human too, and the same age as him.

Delancey seemed to be taken aback by his question before she regained her posture and suddenly gone were her slumped shoulders and she nodded firmly.

"Of course I am," she paused, crossing her arms and continued to stare at his painting. "That's a nice painting."

Then it was Julian's turn to be taken aback as he blushed and turned to his painting again, not being used to sudden compliments about his art.

"Thank you… painting skies is just something I like to do a lot. It helps me think and is pretty meditative so… yeah."