~ Nineteen ~

Just as expected, she knew Ashton didn't actually understand her explanation

She could tell he was avoiding her and by the looks of him not having sent her any messages for almost a week already and him making up excuses to not see her after school for the tutoring sessions, she figured he was still probably angry at her. So to avoid feeling embarrassed that Friday during lunch, she had gone surveying around the school instead of sitting alone in the cafeteria with the absence of Piper by her side and Ashton's messages. She walked around the school's interior, checking if there were any students that were doing something that would cross the academy's rules and bumping into Roxy along the way. Roxy seemed to be in a rush since she was sweating a bit and when she saw Delancey, she jumped in surprise.

"Gosh, you scared me!" she placed a hand on her chest, trying to calm down her pounding heart.

"Same here." Delancey replied simply and they laughed. "Why are you looking like you just had a running marathon?"

"Because I did!" Roxy sighed in exhaustion. "Mrs. Kenny asked me to help her send some books to the library, and I bumped into Mr. Montez in the library who asked me to put some teaching materials in his class upstairs and then Mr. Bryan asked me to come by the gym to help him sort out equipment for his next class and so now I'm late to lunch!"

"Oh, man, it seems you're having a busy day. Well, you still have time for lunch, so enjoy!"

Roxy thanked her and was about to walk away again, but then stopped and turned back around. "Have you eaten your lunch?"

Delancey shook her head. "I'm skipping today."

"No way, why?"

"Busy."

Roxy then nodded in understanding and waved at her. "Be sure you eat after school finishes. See ya later!" and then she rushed away again toward the cafeteria.

As she wandered near the row of classes, she suddenly heard a noise and voices from one of the classrooms and since it was pretty much empty in her surroundings with no one else around, not even the prefects, she decided to investigate. The more she got closer to the classroom, the more clearer the voices she heard. It sounded like there were two people, a girl and a boy, and she knew right then and there what they were doing. She heard the girl giggled as she stormed for the classroom door and the boy shushed her.

When she barged into the classroom, she only stared at them with a withering look since this situation had happened a few times already before this. It was a disapproving sight to see the two students pressed against each other at the back of the place they were supposed to be studying in as they stared right back at her, mortified and faces as red as tomatoes. What was more tiresome to Delancey was that the boy, Conan Brown, was the same boy she had given detention to more than three times because of the same issue but with different girls each time.

"Did you have fun?" she asked them sarcastically as the two jumped away from each other. She took out her notepad from under her arm and started scribbling on it. "I bet you did. But I'm going to give you guys something more fun… this behavior is unacceptable, Mr. Brown, because this is the fifth time I caught you… with another different girl, mind you."