~ Fourteen ~

"Okay, now tell me what happened

"Okay, now tell me what happened." Nurse Mikayla asked while taking a sip from her chamomile tea as she looked at the three youths in front of her.

"They were being stupid... normal things, Mikayla. Got into a fight and got themselves in trouble." Delancey explained simply with a wave of a hand.

"This is not normal, my dear. Rodger here needed stitches… stitches. And how are you even with them?"

"Wrong timing." Delancey shrugged, not trying to explain that she was supposed to be Ashton's "emotional support".

The four of them—Nurse Mikayla, Delancey, Ashton and Rodger— were all sitting in the living room with a mug of calming chamomile tea in each of their hands.

"Boys, please don't try causing trouble like this again… it's school break, we don't want to have you guys coming back to school with a concussion next." Nurse Mikayla joked, though there was an edge to her voice that told both Ashton and Rodger that she meant it in some way.

The three students finished up their tea before Delancey stood up and told Nurse Mikayla they should head home before her father got back home and started to get worried about her disappearance. She hugged the nurse and then bid farewell before walking out of the house and back to the car, waiting for the boys to bid their own farewells to the nurse.

She let Ashton drive the car this time and as she sat in the backseat (after insisting Rodger to sit at the passenger seat), Ashton turned on the ignition and pulled away from the front of Nurse Mikayla's house.

They were all silent all the way to Delancey's house, only the radio playing a Fall Out Boy's song as the sound to fill in the silence. When they finally reached Delancey's house, Delancey opened the door and bid her farewell to the two boys, telling them to make sure they will stay out of trouble for the remaining days before school starts again and as she climbed down from the car, Ashton called her.

She turned to him and he grinned. "See you after school break."

She rolled her eyes and tried to keep her cool since Rodger was there and just nodded curtly, shutting the door behind her and opening the gates to her house and stepping in before she might do something stupid. Just as the car drove away, she shut the gate and leaned against it for a while, rethinking everything she had told Ashton while they were at Nurse Mikayla's house as all the words came tumbling around in her mind again.

She had confessed her feelings to him… and he had confessed his feelings to her.

What was she thinking? This could be really dangerous for her.

"Someone's happy."

Piper's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she looked to the side to find Piper at her own house, standing behind the short wall that separated their houses. Piper was grinning, sensing something had happened and then she reached out a hand and showed Delancey her house keys.