~ Eleven ~

Ashton's and Delancey's days had gone by pretty great the more they spent time together, both were growing more comfortable with each other… Delancey laughed easier around him and sometimes even Piper or Julian might drop by the library and said hi

Delancey's and Ashton's feelings for each other also had grown without them realizing but Delancey was of course, still denying her attraction toward the boy who kept surprising (and impressing) her with his changes. At first he showed her his increased marks in all the quizzes and tests the teachers had given him… even Maths, the subject he seemed to be having a love-hate relationship with, then he started helping people as well, not just himself. It surprised Delancey every single time she saw him carrying things for a teacher, or when he picked up a trash a student had irresponsibly thrown to the ground and he had threw it into the trashcan… or even when he broke apart an argument which was about to ensue a fight before she could even approach. It was surprising how he could convince the students to stop fighting quite easily. The craziest part was, the students listened! There were no detentions being assigned to, no scolding and no scribbling on notebooks.

Had she done her job wrong all of this time? Or was he just really convincing?

Delancey didn't want to dwell on it too much or she would probably throw herself into a deep dark pool where all her insecure thoughts swam around. One thing for sure was, she was curious as to what inspired Ashton to the point he could change so quickly, that even the teachers wondered along with her. She overheard whispers from Mrs. Hart and Ms. Palmer, Ashton's Geography and Art teachers, talking about him the other day.

For Ashton, he wanted to tell Delancey how he felt, but was too afraid of her rejection and so he thought keeping his confession to himself was the best. It felt good for once that he could felt he was becoming more of himself, more of the real Ashton Sawyer, than the bad boy people knew him as at Wesseltown High.

And what a surprise that his changes happened at the very academy all his so-called friends were hating on, telling him what an evil old witch the head prefect was.

Clearly, they haven't seen Delancey.

The part that made Ashton felt relief the most and let his weeks went by amazingly was that there was no Roxy pestering him and guilt tripping him every weekend to hang out with her at some place which always happened to be secluded, like an empty park or on top of some building at town where there's no people, places where people would probably sneak out make out at.

Now that he thought about it thoroughly, maybe that was what she had intended all along, how she had smiled suggestively while telling him where she planned on bringing him, making her voice as seductive as possible that always made Ashton uncomfortable and weirded out and how she immediately turned grumpy the moment she realized he brought along Julian with him.

Ashton was really grateful to have Julian by his side, that boy was an amazing friend.

So, yes, his days had been nice so far, spending his time at the library with Delancey, bringing her out to the park near the academy sometimes where they would feed the fishes in the pond with some bread, hanging out with Julian during the weekends, and playing online games with Piper, who he had recently discovered had a crush on his roommate and the blonde girl had threatened him to silence himself or she would make sure he won't get to see another daylight.