~ Nine ~

"Hey, Del

"Hey, Del." Ashton greeted casually as he plopped down in front of Delancey at their usual table in the library.

"Del?" the head prefect questioned, raising an eyebrow after looking up from her notebook.

"Yeah, I figured I should call you something else other than Delancey since we have been studying together for weeks now, or is it a month?"

"A month and a half." she corrected and he nodded while smiling.

"Can I call you Del?" he asked like a child asking for candy.

She looked at him for a while then gave a curt nod to which he grinned.

"Only, when no one's around," she warned.

"Aye, aye, captain." 

She was about to continue with her notes again but stopped when she realized Ashton was still looking at her with a smile.

"What's wrong with you today? You seem way too cheerful than usual."

"I'm happy because of this." and then he pulled out his English test paper and set it in front of her.

She looked at the "B" on the front and smiled. "You've got a B, that's really good. Congrats, keep it up."

"You don't know how shocked Ms. Halse was… she told me she had to recheck tons of time."

"I bet she sure did… and for only tutoring you for a month and a half, I have to say you're doing really well, Ashton. I'm glad you're a fast learner."

"And all thanks to you," he added.

She shook her head but gave him a small smile nevertheless. "It's your effort."

He rolled his eyes playfully and then tapped his fingers on the table.

"And I've been meaning to ask you something."

She looked at him expectantly, encouraging him to continue and he lifted a hand to scratch the back of his neck nervously.

"I know this might be impossible and you might not agree but I… wanted to treat you to something as a thank you gift either this Saturday or Sunday?" he asked. "But it's okay if you don't want to, it was basically a terrible idea," he added quickly.

She stared at him for a long time, thinking if she should accept or decline the offer before finally nodding. "I'm free on Sunday."

Her reply made him widened his eyes as he couldn't believe the principal's daughter was agreeing for him to hang out with her.

"Wait, seriously? You're agreeing?"

"As long as it's not a place where kids at school hang out then I don't see the problem."

"But I thought…"

"I don't hang out with kids like you?" she paused and he nodded slowly. "You're right, I don't. I'm making you an exception."