~ Twenty-Three ~

Andrew's birthday celebration had went by pretty great for all of them last night, with Ashton's family hoping that Delancey would come by and visit them again and Piper calling in that night to tease her about how it seemed that his whole family ...

Andrew's birthday celebration had went by pretty great for all of them last night, with Ashton's family hoping that Delancey would come by and visit them again and Piper calling in that night to tease her about how it seemed that his whole family had approved, especially Vicky Sawyer, who seemed to really like her. One of the reasons why Ashton had invited Delancey for Andrew's birthday party, she later on found out, was because he had wanted her to bond with his mother since his mother has always wanted another female around the house while Delancey didn't have a mother figure in her life growing up after her late Aunt Julia. His intention indirectly touched her that he would think of them both and again, she found herself falling deeper for him.

Still, to Piper's dismay, she was still denying that they would be a perfect match and chose to stay friends, forgetting that they had once confessed to each other.

"Del, you wouldn't believe what I just did!" Ashton exclaimed quietly that Monday morning as he found her in front of the school's notice board and approached her, since the hallway was yet to be crowded with students. He noticed her frown and nudged her. "What's with that upside down smile?"

She blew a breath and tried not to groan as she turned to him. "My dear father decided it would be nice to bring back our school's yearly dance." she told him, her voice laced with sarcasm.

Ashton looked up at the notice board and he read the announcement of the dance before looking back down at her. "What's the big deal? It's just a school dance and dances can be fun. Besides, maybe I could even ask your permission to be my date." he said playfully.

"Unfortunately for you, mister, you can't," she paused when he looked at her with a confused expression. "During school dances, prefects are tasked to survey the school in case any students thought it would be a good idea to sneak in alcohol or do some suspicious activity in hidden corners and as the head prefect, guess which place am I usually assigned to keep an eye on?"

"Washrooms?" he joked and she glared.

"Very funny," she deadpanned. "Wherever the dance takes place, of course. Which is usually our school hall. The worst thing is because I can't even enjoy the dance because I am not allowed to wear dresses other than my uniform and I'm most certainly not allowed to participate. And usually, there is always something that I will find like that one time where I found two students making out and, um… touching each other, under a table." she made a face and he flinched, imagining what it was like to be in her shoes and witnessed such a thing.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

She sighed. "I'll just have to live with that. But please, do have fun… I'm really looking forward to seeing Piper and Julian attending the dance together."

They shared a knowing smile.

"So your dad stopped these dances before?" he asked her as they started walking away from the notice board.