Chapter Four

Mizuki was walking towards the border of Rivania for his guarding shift he had every Tuesday

Mizuki was walking towards the border of Rivania for his guarding shift he had every Tuesday. He didn't really like it as he easily got bored. There was nothing to do but just stand there. Sometimes, he would talk to the other guards but he didn't have a lot of friends that were guarding the border.

Since Mizuki started his guarding shift, there was never an intruder from Yarisha that had tried to break in. He heard that a couple of years ago this was a very frequent situation.

They would cross the border, kill the guards and then they would throw bombs at their facilities and citizens.

It was horrible.

As Mizuki turned a corner he heard a loud scream. He immediately started running towards the direction and his eyes widened at what he was seeing.

There was a man, a man with the uniform of Yarisha holding down a woman with a smirk as she struggled under him. Next to them was a child.

A bleeding child.

He could be dead.

Mizuki didn't hesitate to take his gun and raise it to the man's face.

"Stop!" He shouted and the man raised his head to face him.

"I won't." He said and moved his hand till it was laying on the woman's throat and then he started squeezing, cutting off her airway.

Mizuki didn't realize what was happening, because one moment he was telling the man to stop, and the next his finger moved towards the trigger and he pulled it back.

There was a deafening noise that rang around them before the man fell in a heap next to the woman with a bullet right in between his still wide open eyes as blood trickled down the side of his face.

Mizuki felt paralyzed as he stared at the man. The woman pushed herself up and crawled to her child as loud sobs wracked her body.

She screamed, a loud chilling scream that snapped Mizuki out of his panic.

And out of his dream.

Mizuki groaned as he slowly blinked his eyes open and rubbed at this throbbing head.

He didn't understand why he was having this dream, it had been awhile since they stopped popping up.

Maybe because you killed someone again yesterday?

He didn't appreciate the reminder that his subconscious gave him.