Chapter Twenty Three

3 YEARS LATER

3 YEARS LATER

(Just kidding, I'm very sorry)

Eren quietly followed behind his father and you with each step he took the nerves in his stomach grew. When he had left the room it took everything in him to reel in his emotions and pretend that he didn't just say goodbye to the person he was irreversibly in love with but with 19 years of hiding his feelings, he had grown used to it.

He had wiped his face from any signs of tears, straightened his shoulders and put on the mask he had been so familiar with on his face.

Aslan had given him a look that was filled with suspicion while his father had shot him a look that promised him that they would have a talk later.

Eren had been given a new horse that was waiting for him at the Rivanian border and he had quietly mounted it and then they rode back to Yarisha.

Back home.

But Eren knew that that place had never been or never will be his home. He had never known what a home felt like before but after meeting Mizuki he now knew what his home was.

Mizuki was his home.

Eren stopped walking once he noticed they had reached the castle. He nervously entered the threshold and immediately he was met with judgemental stares from everyone.

"Your Majesty." A low voice greeted and Eren raised his head to look at the person when he somewhat recognized the gruff voice.

"Arlen?" Eren said in a surprised tone. "You're back?"

"I came back a few days after you left. It's nice to see you again." The tall man said with a bow of his head and Eren stared at him in shock.

The last time he had seen Arlen was when he was 13 years old. Arlen was shockingly enough Aslan's 'best friend' but despite that disturbing fact he wasn't that bad.

Eren had once heard him and Aslan fighting because Arlen told Aslan to stop trying to kill his brother. Arlen had been one of the rare people in the country who had the decency to be polite to Eren.

The 6 years that Arlen had spent in the Royal guard training district have changed him a lot. He was now a whole head taller than Eren and his body had changed from the body of a teenager to the body of a man. His blond hair was pushed back and his dark green eyes ran over his frame before stopping to intently stare into his eyes and Eren had to look away from him when an uncomfortable feeling started gnawing at him.

"Arlen, we're going to the throne room. Come with us." King Augustus's voice uttered and the man looked away from Eren to nod at the king.

Aslan walked towards his friend and they started talking in hushed voices as Eren followed behind with his anxiety growing inside of him at what was to come.