Chapter Ten

Eren closed his eyes as he felt Mizuki's lips press more firmly on his neck

Eren closed his eyes as he felt Mizuki's lips press more firmly on his neck. His fingers tightened against Mizuki's hair and he tried to block out everything and just let himself enjoy the feeling.

But he couldn't.

Even with his eyes shut closed and his mind filled with Mizuki there was panic growing in him. His chest tightened when he realized what he was doing and his hand loosened around Mizuki's neck and he slowly pushed him away.

"What's wrong?" Mizuki murmured as he raised his hand to cup Eren's cheek, his thumb slowly rubbing over his freckles. "Do you want me to stop?"

No!

Eren wanted to tell him not to stop. He wanted to tell him to keep going until he couldn't remember anything at all.

He looked at Mizuki's face and his heart palpitated at the soft expression he was holding. His eyes were so so gentle and Eren knew in his heart that Mizuki would never hurt him. Eren wanted to grab him and pull him back to him where he wished he could stay forever but it wasn't possible.

Because when he thought of doing those things with Mizuki he thought of the consequences. He thought of Elias and the fate he suffered and what he had done with his own hands.

And the panic came back in full force.

"P-please stop." Eren whispered as his eyes fell shut and Mizuki let his hand fall from his cheek as he pulled himself away.

"I'm sorry Eren. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Mizuki apologized and Eren felt even more guilty.

"You didn't make me uncomfortable. I just-I just feel really tired." Eren lied, opening his eyes to turn to look at Mizuki who had lied down next to him, leaving a good amount of space in between them.

"Do you want to sleep then?" Mizuki asked and Eren slowly nodded.

Mizuki turned to his side and spread out one of his arms. "Come here?"

"Why?"

"Because there's no pillow, remember?" Mizuki said with a small smile and Eren felt his tension slowly melt as a smile of his own grew on his face.

He scooted closer to Mizuki until his head was resting on his bare arm and he hesitantly moved one of his own arms to wrap around Mizuki's back.

"Eren." Mizuki softly whispered and Eren hummed in acknowledgement.

"Will you tell me something? Something about you?" Mizuki asked.

Eren wanted to say no, he didn't want to share anything about himself, he wanted to keep his secrets locked with himself.

But when he looked up at Mizuki's hopeful face he felt himself slowly nod.

"I used to play the violin." Eren said the first thing that came to his mind.