Chapter Twenty

Mizuki took a deep breath, the familiar sound of the kids giggling and the shouts of the adults and their own muffled laughter echoed in the street and a large smile climbed on his face

He missed this.

Walking down the busy streets of his country was his favourite thing to do. He loved the sound of his people being joyous and the music that played all around different corners of the street. It made him feel like there was actual meaning to life. That if he had to suffer the terrors of war, he at least had a welcoming and content home to go back to.

And the fact that now he knew that somewhere in the kingdom there was his sweetheart napping and getting the rest he deserved just brought him a different kind of pleasure.

He felt his lip tilt in a smile as he recalled the moments he had spent with Eren just an hour ago.

-

"What are you doing?" Eren whispered with wide eyes when he felt Mizuki grasp his hips and move him on his lap.

After they had eaten breakfast Mizuki had set the platter back on the bedside table and he was now pulling Eren as close as he could which meant Eren was now sitting on his lap with his legs on each side of him and their chests inches apart.

"I just want to hug you." Mizuki mumbled as he buried his face in Eren's neck and breathed in his scent.

"Does it have to be like this?" Eren asked but despite his words he shuffled closer and raised his arm to wrap it around Mizuki's neck, his hand immediately tangling in Mizuki's long dark strands of hair.

"Mhmm." Mizuki hummed in content as his eyes closed at the feel of Eren's small hand in his hair.

Mizuki pressed a kiss against Eren's neck and he felt Eren freeze. Mizuki smiled against his bare skin and continued to softly nip his neck and slowly he felt Eren relax again.

Mizuki's lips parted as he started leaving more open mouthed kisses on his skin and then he softly bit on the flesh making Eren gasp softly and his arms tighten around Mizuki.

"M-Mizuki." Eren whimpered when Mizuki gently licked the bite mark he left and then he started sucking on it, surely forming a mark but both of them didn't care enough to stop him.

Mizuki pulled away when he felt Eren pull his hair and when he met Eren's flushed face he grinned. Eren rolled his eyes at the smug expression on Mizuki's face but the smile on his face was evidently giving away his glee.

He grabbed Mizuki's face and pulled it closer until their lips were inches apart and then he pressed them together in what was supposed to be a gentle kiss but Mizuki was craving Eren and nothing could have made him kiss him gently.

And so he pushed his tongue past Eren's lips and they both moaned against each other at the contact of their tongues meeting. Eren tried to battle for dominance in the kiss but Mizuki wouldn't give up the lead so easily and soon enough Eren succumbed to Mizuki's mouth and let him do whatever he wanted.