Chapter Twenty Eight

Double update bc I have no life and I love you guys

Double update bc I have no life and I love you guys. <3

Mizuki was sure he lost 50 years worth of his life watching that fight. It was a wonder that he didn't jump across the arena and did the job himself.

Not that he didn't try to.

When he saw Eren get hit by that spear he had unknowingly taken steps forwards and was on his way to do god knows what but unfortunately Emilio grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

Emilio had glared at him and told him to have faith in Eren and that he didn't want to die because of his stupidity.

Mizuki was shocked at the audacity of the man but he sucked it up because he wasn't wrong.

When Eren had been on top of Aslan while strangling him, Mizuki's heart was beating so fast he thought it would jump out of his body. He had never felt such intense anxiety in his entire life.

But his sweetheart did it.

He killed the fucking bitch exactly like he said he would.

He won.

Mizuki watched with his heart swelling with pride as Eren backed away from the body and dropped the knife on the ground. He watched the crowd quiet down in shock as their faces paled with the realization that the golden boy lost and is now dead.

And then he heard a horrific scream ring out and he turned to stare as Marcella Acosta sank to her knees while screaming, tears streaming down her face. Her husband, Augustus stood there in shock as the colour drained from his face and Mizuki watched with satisfaction as the man was hit with the realization that his plan failed.

He watched Eren's gaze shift to her and his father and then he watched Augustus enter the arena and kneel down next to his son's dead body.

Mizuki raised his hand and reached for the bandana around his neck that he had wrapped just in case and he pulled it up to hide his face and then he entered the arena, ignoring Emilio's whisper of protest.

He walked towards where Eren was still sitting on the ground and he crouched down to his level and gripped his face to turn it to him.

"You did it, sweetheart." He whispered, wiping the tears away from his face. "I'm so so proud of you."

"M-Mizuki." Eren whimpered as the tears continued to fill his eyes. "I killed him."

"I know, baby, I know." Mizuki cooed softly. "It's okay, you had to do it."

They both heard a choked sob and they turned to look at Augustus as he held Aslan's dead body in his arms. He raised his red and teary eyes that were filled with rage and they clashed with Eren's.

"You murdered my son!" He croaked out and Eren looked at his father with wide eyes.

"You told me to fight for the crown and I did." He responded.