Chapter Sixteen

When Mizuki walked out of the room he tried to act as normal as he could

When Mizuki walked out of the room he tried to act as normal as he could. The guards were standing stiffly by the door and Emilio was leaning against the wall across from them but when he saw Mizuki he stood straighter.

Mizuki looked at Emilio and remembering the fact that he had the nerve to stare at his little sister and then Eren had said he was hot, he couldn't help but glare.

When Mizuki examined him he concluded that Emilio was not hot.

He had straight dark brown hair that constantly fell over his forehead and bright greenish/brown eyes that always seemed to be stuck in a hard stare. He had a small scar on his chin and another one on the side of his left cheek and he had a sharp jawline.

He wasn't hot.

"Emilio." Mizuki said. "Walk with me."

After giving another warning look to the guards he started walking with Emilio next to him. There was a tense silence in between them until Mizuki finally broke it. "I saw the way you looked at Rin."

Emilio's lips parted for a second and he seemed to have stopped breathing for a brief moment before regaining his footing. "With all due respect, I don't understand what you're trying to say here, Your Majesty."

Mizuki stopped and he turned to stare at Emilio. "Do you take me for a fool?" Emilio swallowed when he saw the rage in Mizuki's eyes.

"I'm sorry." Emilio said. "But-I really do care for her-"

"She just lost the boy she loved! You stay the fuck away from her." Mizuki sneered, taking a step closer to him.

"Do you think I don't know that?" Emilio's voice raised and Mizuki was taken aback by his bravery.

"I was the one who held her while she cried for him! I witnessed her breaking over him each night. I heard her talk about him for hours! I  know she loves him."  He seethed right back.

"I didn't expect to care for her in such a way." He finally breathed out.

"She's five years younger than you." Mizuki added after a moment of silence.

"I know." Emilio said, frustration evident in his voice. "I'm not expecting her to return these feelings of mine. I just-I just want to keep her safe. Even if by some miracle she did I wouldn't allow myself such a luxury.

Rin is precious, she's innocent.

And I'm filled with darkness that would burn her."

Mizuki stared at him and he felt a pang of guilt hit him. He remembered hearing about Emilio being the youngest to ever attend war. He was only sixteen. But he was so strong at such a young age and at that time the situation was horrible and Rivania needed as many soldiers as they could have.