Chapter Eight

Mizuki didn't know what to do

Mizuki didn't know what to do. Eren hadn't come out of his corner for hours and they hadn't moved today. He knew they had better start leaving this area but he didn't have the guts to pull Eren out.

After all he was the one at fault.

In hindsight he really shouldn't have yelled like that before he asked about what happened. But Mizuki knew exactly why he did that.

Over the last few days Mizuki had grown an attachment to the younger boy from Yarisha. In his twenty years of living Mizuki had never felt this way about someone.

The need to protect them from any harm at all cost.

And this would have been fine if it was anyone but Eren. Because Eren was his captive from Yarisha. Mizuki had to willingly hand over Eren to his father.

Spending time with Eren, Mizuki discovered so many things about the boy.

Eren was a very picky eater.

He got cold easily.

He hated bugs.

He loved archery.

He liked mumbling to himself when he thought no one could hear.

He hummed a lot of melodies.

He blushed very easily.

He can be very shy but also very grumpy.

Everyday Mizuki would discover a new thing about Eren and it would only make his infatuation grow.

But he knew he couldn't afford to have those feelings because when he would have to let go of Eren which will happen eventually it will only hurt more.

And so, when Mizuki saw the scene earlier his brain jumped at the opportunity to squash any kind of feelings his heart was holding by making him believe Eren was like the rest.

But now he was immensely regretting it.

He made Eren cry.

He seriously wanted to punch himself.

Mizuki glanced at the bread and water he was holding and after taking a deep breath he walked towards where Eren was.

When Eren came in sight Mizuki's heart squeezed. He was holding the blanket over his head as his eyes were closed and soft breaths left his parted lips.

"Eren?" Mizuki whispered. "Are you sleeping?"

Eren shifted but didn't open his eyes and Mizuki sighed.

"Eren, you need to eat." He told him as he sat down next to him.

"Go away." Eren mumbled, despite the small grumble that left his stomach.

"Eren, please." Mizuki pleaded. "Just eat and I'll go away."

Eren finally opened his brimming honey eyes as he took the bag of bread from Mizuki and slowly started taking small bites from it.