Epilogue

"Mizuki, we're going to be late you idiot!" Eren yelled frantically from their bedroom as his husband took his sweet sweet time in the bathroom

"You're worrying too much, sweetheart." Mizuki called back and Eren groaned.

After a few more minutes Mizuki finally came out of the bathroom with a charming smile, hoping to gain Eren's forgiveness but there was still a harsh glare on his face.

"Eren." Mizuki softly cooed as he wrapped his husband in his arms. "Why are you worrying so much? Everything will be fine, we've been preparing for this day for months now."

"What if he's not happy? What if he doesn't want to be with us? What if he wants to leave?" Eren asked and Mizuki's heart tightened at the sound of fear in his sweetheart's voice.

"Eren, he loves us as much as we love him and you remember how happy he was when we told him the news." Mizuki reminded him and Eren hummed as he let himself melt in Mizuki's arms.

"Sorry, I'm just a little bit worried. I want everything to be perfect for Jhae." Eren murmured and Mizuki smiled as he pressed a gentle kiss on Eren's head.

"Come on, let's go get our son." Mizuki said and Eren grinned as he grabbed his arm and they left their room.

-

"Jhae, they're here!" Liandra called out and soon little footsteps thundered down the stairs and a small body appeared.

Mizuki and Eren both grinned at the small 6 year old boy who was staring at them with the brightest eyes and largest smile and Eren opened his arms when Jhae came rushing to hug him.

"You came!" He screamed and Mizuki hushed him so he wouldn't bother the other children in the orphanage.

"Of course we did." Eren said as he crouched down and ruffle Jhae's dark hair.

"Are you ready to come home with us, little prince?" Mizuki asked and Jhae's face brightened at the nickname.

"Yes! I'm so excited." Jhae said. "I've been counting the days till I can go home with you."

"Well today is the day." Eren said as he picked up Jhae and propped him on his hip as they faced Liandra, the head of the orphanage.

"Can we take him now?" Eren asked.

"Yes, Your Majesty. All the arrangements are done and Jhae is officially Jhae Hayashi-Acosta as of today." She said and all three of them grinned widely after hearing the name.

After Jhae went and said goodbye to his friends with a promise of visiting them whenever he could, he came rushing back to his parents and this time Mizuki picked him up, and all of them left the orphanage ready to start their lives together.

Eren felt his throat tightened as he gazed at his love holding their kid in his arms. He felt so happy and proud of how far his little family had come along.