Chapter Five

"Do we have to?" Ren asked and Mizuki could hear the whining in his tone

"Yes." Mizuki replied as he swung his leg over Niko and climbed on.

"Come on."

Ren groaned before slowly pushing himself behind Mizuki, almost falling in the process but Mizuki grabbed his hands and helped him get on.

Mizuki moved Ren's hands until they were resting on his stomach and then he let go and grabbed the reins.

"Ready?" He asked and then he felt Ren press closer, his thighs pressing against his and his front pressing against Mizuki's back.

"Mhmm." Ren hummed as he also tightened his hands around his stomach.

"Don't make me fall."

"I won't."

Niko started moving slowly at first but soon they were speeding off. As they moved Ren pressed his face against Mizuki's back as fear of falling took over his senses.

Mizuki tried to ignore the feeling of Ren pressed up against him and the feel of his breathing hitting his back.

Focus on riding.

-

They spent the whole day riding, stopping to eat and drink before continuing. They were lucky they didn't stumble upon anyone because that would have caused a lot of complications.

Mizuki didn't want to see a soldier from Yarisha in case they tried to take Ren back. He was lucky Ren was being so complying and not trying to run away and he didn't need him to see anyone or anything that would make him act up.

Soon, the sun went down as the stars came out and Mizuki slowed down as they neared a cave.

"Let's stop here for tonight." Mizuki said but when Ren didn't loosen his hands on his stomach he frowned.

"Ren?" He asked and suddenly Ren let go in a hurry making him slip and fall.

"Fuck." He groaned and Mizuki's eyes widened at both the cuss and the fact that he fell.

Mizuki got down from Niko and crouched next to Ren. "Are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?" Ren said, his voice raising.

"It's your fault for letting go so suddenly. What's wrong with you?" Mizuki scolded and Ren frowned.

"I..I didn't realize we arrived and then you scared me by saying my name." He mumbled as a blush coated his freckled cheeks and Mizuki had to scream at himself for wanting to smile.

"Come on, get up." Mizuki said, grabbing his writs and pulling him up.

"It's all your fault." Ren mumbled walking over to the cave.