Chapter Twenty One

Eren softly giggled as Mizuki pulled him deeper and deeper in the hallway

Eren softly giggled as Mizuki pulled him deeper and deeper in the hallway. He couldn't believe that he was actually out of his room but somehow Mizuki managed to send the guards off for a whole hour and then he grabbed Eren's hand and announced that he was going to take him to see the garden.

Mizuki was acting as if they were running away and deep inside Eren wished they were.

"Shh, we're going to get caught." Mizuki whispered but another laugh left Eren when Mizuki turned a corner and continued his hurried step.

He didn't know why he was laughing so much but he figured it was because of all the fancy chocolate croissants he had been eating all day.

He had never consumed as much sugar then he did today.

"Even if someone sees us they're not going to say anything." Eren said amusedly.

"Way to ruin the thrill of secrecy Eren." Mizuki pouted and Eren rolled his eyes at him but the large smile was still present on his face.

Mizuki had also grabbed Eren's violin with him, he was yearning to hear another melody again after yesterday.

When they finally made it to the back of the castle where the doors that led to the castle were, Mizuki slowed down. He pushed open the door and walked out with Eren following curiously.

Eren's eyes widened at the sight that laid before him. The garden was magnificent and he couldn't believe just how beautiful all the flowers were. It was so big, the biggest one he's ever seen and the whole place was filled with all sorts of colours that Eren was starting to feel overwhelmed. There was even a fucking water fountain. It felt otherworldly, enchanting, magical.

"Woah..." Eren whispered, still in a daze not noticing the way Mizuki was staring at him.

Mizuki was staring at Eren the same way Eren was staring at the garden. His gaze full of awe, adoration and wonder. To him Eren was even more enchanting then any garden could be. Then anything could ever be. He felt his heart squeeze with an emotion he didn't dare even think.

"Do you like it?" Mizuki asked as he raised his free hand to cup Eren's cheek and turn his face towards him.

"I-I love it." Eren breathed out. "I've never seen a garden as big, as pretty as this one. Thank you so much for showing it to me before.." he stopped talking when he realized he was going to say before I leave.

"Come on, we can sit there." Mizuki said after clearing his throat. He knew exactly what Eren was going to say but tried his best not to let the reminder dampen his mood.

After all, they surely still had a bit of time before Eren left.

Eren followed Mizuki to a large cherry blossom tree and Mizuki pushed Eren to sit down against it, handing him the violin case, before raising his hand and pulling a flower out of it.