Chapter Twenty Two

Mizuki walked with his heart beating out of his chest as Eren, Rin and Emilio followed him, all three also dreading what was about to happen

He hadn't expected them to show up so quickly. Deep inside he was hoping for them not to come at all and leave Eren here, with him. He knew it was selfish of him to hope that they would forget Eren because it would solidify Eren's thoughts of no one caring about him over there but he couldn't help but want to keep Eren with him because he knew that he would give Eren all the care he wanted.

They finally reached the doors that led to the throne and Mizuki pushed his hand behind him and he felt some kind of relief when Eren grabbed it with his fingers and gave him a small squeeze before letting go.

Mizuki sucked in a sharp breath and then he pushed the door open and they walked in. Rin took a few steps forward so she stood next to her brother while Eren and Emilio stayed behind them.

Mizuki ran his eyes over the people in the room and he immediately recognized the strangers in the room. His gaze stopped at the man who looked to be a year or two younger than him and he immediately knew who it was.

Aslan.

Mizuki didn't know who he was expecting when he thought of Aslan but what was in front of him was a man with sheer blond hair that was tied as a man bun and he was much bigger then what Mizuki was imagining as well. If Mizuki was right then Aslan was 18 but with the way his body was he could very well be 25.

Next to him was a woman.

Queen Marcella Acosta.

She was wearing a dark red gown and Mizuki was surprised to see a tiara sitting on top of her head. She was looking down at her lap with her hands folded together and Mizuki's brows furrowed. Her hair was also blond, the same shade as Aslan but Mizuki couldn't see anything else.

Finally, his gaze landed on the older man.

King Augustus Acosta.

Mizuki knew that this was the person he wanted to slaughter the most. The man was looking straight at him, his dark brown eyes boring into Mizuki's. His hair was greying at the roots, a sign of his old age and Mizuki wished he would just die.

"Sit down." Mizuki's father said and Mizuki moved forward, clearing the path to see Eren and Aslan could clearly see him from where he was sitting and his face shifted into a disgusted sneer and Mizuki had to control himself from not jumping across the table and knocking the boy down.

Instead he continued to walk as Eren and Emilio followed and he sat next to his sister making sure to leave the seat next to him empty for Eren to sit.

Eren somehow managed to force his legs to move and sit, keeping his gaze away from his family. Emilio stood behind him along with the Royal Guards.

"I want my son back."

They all turned to stare at Augustus who was looking at Eren with an expression that revealed nothing of what he was feeling and Eren raised his head to look at his father.