~24~ Tripping On My Shoes

Update pog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DRISTA WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT MY CLEATS?" Beth yelled down the stairs.

"THEY SHOULD BE BY MY DOOR, UNDER YOUR BACKPACK!" She yelled back. Beth rushed over to the bag, relieved to find them where Drista said they were.

"Thank you!!" Beth yelled, hurrying to put her shoes in her bag. I'm going to be so late. Beth thought as she raced down the stairs, her bag thrown over her shoulder.

"Okay guys it's go time! Let's go or I'm going to be late and I REFUSE to have to run like 20 laps at practice tomorrow!" Beth said, grabbing Drista by the wrist and pulling her out the door. George and Clay followed suit, laughing at the girl's antics.

"Why are you so slow?! Do you not care about my well being?!" Beth fake cried as everyone got settled into the car. George started laughing harder, he couldn't help it.

"You got everything? Water Bottle, bag, gloves, shoes, bat, hat, uniform, pants, socks, jersey?" George asked, listing things he knew Beth might have forgotten.

"Shit my water bottle-" she started rummaging through her duffel.

"I got it," Drista said, holding up a light pink hydro flask that had a variety of stickers stuck onto it.

"Thank you, you're a lifesaver." Beth said as she took the bottle from Drista and threw it into her bag. Clay took this as a sign to start driving. They made it to the school within 10 minutes.

"Thank you so much Clay! I'll see you guys out on the stands!" Beth called as she ran over to the locker rooms. Drista waved goodbye.

"Is she always like this? Running late and such?" Drista asked, George nodded.

"Yeah, I've gotten used to it." They all laughed and made their way to the stands. They found a seat by the front and sat down, waiting for the game to start. They were playing Baltimore Private High School. Beth hated that school because they were filled with "rich, snobby, fuck boys"(Her words) that teased her constantly for on being the baseball team. Her reply to most of them was "If you're so threatened by a girl playing on a guys varsity team, that says something about you and your skill. Don't come attacking me because I'm better than you." Then she would proceed to purposely pitch the ball into their crotch. Her aim was remarkably scary.

"Game starts in 10 minutes folks! Make sure you got snacks that can be found at the concession stands by the entrance!" The speaker on the intercom boomed over the field.

"Anyone want something?" George asked, getting up.

"Oh, can you get me some chips? I didn't eat breakfast this morning." Drista asked. George nodded and started to shimmy his way out.

"I'll go with you" Clay said, following behind. Drista, who didn't want to stay alone in the seats headed toward the lockers, finding Toby and Tommy arguing. Something about music discs? She couldn't tell you because when they saw her they dropped the subject and talked with her instead. Drista had grown a liking to Tommy, in a 'stupid boy best friend type of way.

George made it to the stairs and started to go down them. George didn't notice this but his shoes were untied, and of course with his luck, he tripped on them. He braced himself for the tumble down the metal steps before an arm wrapped around his waist, pulling him up before he could fall. George turned to see who it was and as expected, he was met with the blonde smirking at him.