~34~ Plan Tometh

Long chapter again, sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The Next Morning)

George and Beth were successful in avoiding their parents this morning. They also made it on time for school, which wasn't unusual but it was relieving not having to rush.

Beth grabbed her varsity bag and backpack out of the back seat of George's car. George grabbed his backpack as well. When they got all their stuff he locked the car.

"I'm going to meet up with the trio and Drista, have fun way cLaY" Beth made kissy noises at the end of her sentence, earning a smack in the arm from a flushed George.

"Go away already, I'll see you after school" George waved goodbye to Beth as they split ways in the parking lot. Beth went left, towards the picnic tables under the huge trees in front of the school. George went right, towards the other picnic tables that were under different large trees.

George had decided to wear something simple today, nothing too fancy. He wore a pair of high-waisted black ripped jeans with a cropped t-shirt. George had thrown Clay's hoodie on top of the fit to complete the look. Hopefully he's okay with this. People might notice I'm wearing his hoodie.

George approached his usual table. Like normal, Zak and Bad were talking, Karl, Alex, and Nick were all over each other and Clay, well clay looked like he was searching for someone. When their eyes met his neutral expression spread into a close-lipped smile.

When George was about 10 feet from the table, Clay stood up from his seat and went up to George at an unusually fast pace. The taller boy cupped George's face and moved it side to side, as if he was checking for something.

"You're okay? You're not hurt?" Clay let go of the shorter boy's face and pulled up the hoodie sleeves. He was relieved when he saw no new bruises. George giggled and fixed the hoodie sleeves.

"I told you, I'm fine. We were able to avoid them this morning." George smiled before lightly punching Clay's shoulder and walking past him.

"Come on, our friends are over there." He waved for Clay to follow. The blond sighed and followed. How could I not worry about you? You live with abusive parents. The last time something happened, you almost died. You can't ask me not to worry, George. Is all the taller boy thought. He wanted to say it, he wanted to tell George his thoughts. He wanted to spill every little worry but George didn't need that. He didn't need another person to worry about worrying. So, Clay kept his thoughts to himself and joined the group at the table. George knew Clay cared for him, that's all that mattered.

"George, we have something to tell you!" Karl jumped up from his seat on Nick's lap and ran up to the brunette. He grabbed George's arm and dragged him over to where Alex and Nick were. Nick signaled over to Clay to follow as well.

"Okay so," Karl began. He started to fidget with his fingers then his eyes would dart back and forth from Nick then Alex.

"So, Alex and Nick and I we um- we are" Karl looks nervously at the two boys who seem to be amused at the fluffy haired boy's nervousness.

"Dating. We're dating" Nick finished. George and Clay looked at each other then back at the three boys who were obviously nervous as hell. George then looked back at Clay who then burst out laughing. The two boys were covering their mouths to try and quiet themselves.

"What are you guys laughing at?" Alex asked, obviously confused. The other boys shared the confusion as they observed George and Clay dying of laughter.