41

(((Edited•)))

His lips part before they even touch mine, soft and slow. I do not have enough time to breathe as I feel myself turn vad by that one contact. His hands slip down the smooth curve of my sides to rest on my hips as he draws me in. My heart is breathing so wildly I can take only a little sips of breath. He pauses and I take a step back to stare at him, his eyes are clouded with a desire that I have never seen on his face before.

"That shouldn't have-"

"I've been wanting to do that for a very long time," he interrupts me.

"What are we doing? This is stupid, we're supposed to end this. This is making it more complicated," I step back, shaking my head.

"It was all fake, the dating, but I didn't fake fall for you Ravi. This," he touches his chest, "is the most real thing I've ever felt."

The people around us melt away as he rests his forehead on mine,
"Tell me you feel the same Ravi, please."

I can't even stop the smile that spreads on my face, "Yes. Yesyesyesyes,"

He laughs heartily and kisses me on the forehead as if it seals it all. It's done, it's real.

******
I think Luca is leading me back to the party but he takes me up the stairs and into one of the rooms.
My eyes widen with alarm when he closes the door but he shakes his head once he sees my face.

"I'm not gonna bite you, Ravi, I just want a couple of moments with my girlfriend," he stresses the girlfriend more than the others and I laugh.

"I seriously can't believe that I put up with you this long," I feign calmness even though I'm hyper-aware of his scent as he comes to stand closer to me.

"I seriously cannot believe I put up this act for so long." He tucks a loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"Tell me, when did this become more than an act?" I ask. I cannot hide my curiosity.

"Honestly? I don't know." He admits.

"Me neither." I admit. We stare at each other, taking in our features like we haven't seen each other before. Although I can say that no, I have never seen Luca before. Not this one.

"You're the most painfully beautiful girl I've ever seen," he smiles at me and I let myself smile back, a free smile. We kiss again, again and again. Honestly I will never get tired of Luca kissing me.

When it's getting a little to hot in the room though his phone rings. I'm secretly grateful because I don't think I have it in me to reject Luca since I'm not ready for anything other than kisses.

"Pick it," a squeaky voice I realize later to be mine says and Luca obliges quietly.

"Hey, Nels?" His own voice is hoarse and I am pleased that I'm not the only one affected.

"I'm in the guest room, yeah ok. Be right there," he doesn't sound so happy about it though. He hangs up and stares at me and I notice for the first time that his hair is very scattered and his lips are a tad bit swollen. I wonder how I look.

"We've got to get back to the party," he announces but is still lowering his head.

"Well then you should fix your hair," I advise him but he ignores me and pulls in for another long kiss.

"They're waiting," I say in between the kiss and he grunts in reply. After a moment though he breaks it up and leaves to comb his hair. I breathe in deeply and check myself in the bedside mirror. My hair is not as straight as before and my lips are even more swollen than Luca's, in summary, I look like a girl who's just had her first kiss.

"Ravi, are you coming?" Luca asks me when he comes out of the toilet.

"Yeah, be out in a minute," I take the comb he used and comb my hair through so it regains its normal look, not much can be done for my face but I splash some water on it hoping for some changes in my appearance then go back go meet Luca.

We go downstairs holding hands, I wonder if everyone else can also tell that there is something different between us. Something real. Luca leaves me to go meet Nelson and the guys and I'm just about to call Kendall when Ronnie's face appears in front of me.

"You snitch! You left me all alone-Ravi, did you just have a makeout session?" She blurts and I rush to cover her mouth.

"You did!" She mumbles through my hands and I roll my eyes and drag her outside. I'm going to have to tell Veronica everything or else she wouldn't be able to understand my joy completely. She's going to be so mad.

"You don't have to be so ashamed of it, he is your boyfriend after all," Ronnie says once I remove my hand. We're in the most secluded part of Nelson's house so it's fairly quiet.

"The thing is Ronnie, Luca wasn't actually my boyfriend, we were fake dating," I let that sink in. Her face goes through a transition of confusion, shock, understanding, and hurt.

"What?" She finally settles with.

"We agreed to fake date until summer formal because some guys made a bet on me-"

"Which guys?" She interrupts.

"Luca's gang, someone made the bet rather, and Luca offered this deal to me. I fake date him to save me the stress and all that crap and he gets to show Kim he's moved on. He actually wanted her attention though he will never admit that,"

"Wait Ravi, all this happened and you didn't tell me?" Her voice holds more emotions than her face and I feel my heart fall.

"I'm sorry Ronnie, I thought it wouldn't last. I figured if I didn't tell you I wouldn't have to explain it all when it ended,"

"But her we are."

"Yes, because it didn't end. Luca likes me, all he ever wanted to do was touch me, Ronnie!" I squeak and despite herself she smiles at me.

"That is good though, that make out session must have been great," she winks at me and I beam.

"Best thing ever, I can not believe I'm having this sort of conversation with you," I laugh.

"Did you guys do it?" She lowers her voice.

"Of course not Ronnie, who has sex in less than 30 minutes?"

There is a glint in her eyes that makes me question if she would do it but I remain silent. Mostly because another thought creeps into my mind, I still don't know who made the bet.