21

(((Edited•)))

    Luca's car parks right in front of me and I watch patiently as he goes through his routine of turning off the a.c, removing his seat belt, turning off the radio, and finally coming down. His eyes immediately narrow as the burning sun settles on them.
  "Hey," he says with a sober voice and I unfold my arms,
  "I'm guessing your sister told you about yesterday."
"Yeah, actually. I'm sorry about that," He seems to find this situation socially awkward and repeatedly scratches the back of his neck as if to relieve some of it from him.
"It's ok. I'm also sorry for blowing up at your sister," I click my tongue in my mouth to scold myself. Those were not the words I wanted to say, but it was hard to say anything right when he was standing there in his red shirt and newly dyed blue jeans with messier hair than ever.

OhmyGod he's so cute.

OhmyGod did I just say that?!

"We should probably go to class now," he says after another crowd of teens enters our school, I nod and lead the way, chuckling when he asks me exactly how it went.

  "I'd rather not talk about it."

*******
          When I got home last night I avoided everyone and everything until I had successfully washed off the paint on my face and uncoiled my hair.
It isn't as shiny and straight as before but that is a problem I'll have to deal with later. Unfortunately, the more immediate problem is my family.

    Ken, Simmi, Raman, and Mara are all huddled over the screen of one of their laptops when I open the door. They instinctively turn around to see who it was, clearing the path for me to see Amba on Skype.

  She sees me too and smiles so widely it's like her face is breaking, "Ravii!! We were just talking about you," She says and I see Mara fighting hold back her giggle.

    "Of course you were," I say with an exaggerated eye roll.

    After dropping my bag I settle in with them, in between Raman and Ken.

"So what exactly happened?" Amba asks just as Ken does too. I relax my back and think about just how much of the other night I wanted them to know about.
I decide to cut out the part where we shopped for the clothes and what really led to my blow-up but of course, I end up telling them the entire thing.

  "For the record, you still looked good," Raman says after I'm done with it and I hear them murmur in agreement.

  "Did you kick that bastard well enough?" Ken asks and I can't help but grin,

  "I'm a femme fatale."

  "The Bastard Slayer," Mara adds then Simmi says; "The Broken Tiara," (Which doesn't really make sense) but leads to a whole trail of titles.

  "Ok ok ok. Are you going to talk to her again?" Amba, of course, being the oldest found it necessary to interrupt our fun.
  "I really have no desire to talk or see Rachel. I think it's best we leave it this way. No grudges."

She obviously doesn't agree with me but isn't ready to argue. It's five past six now so I excuse myself and run upstairs to change.

  There are two texts on my phone, one from Teddy asking if we could go to the movies this Saturday and the other from Luca: Wanna hang out at ur place?

  I already know who I'm spending the weekend with.