29

(((Edited•)))

"Where's your car?" I ask the moment we come out. Luca's grey Audi is nowhere to be found where I'm sure he left it.

"Oh I moved it down the road while you were with Morgan. Is everything ok with that? You guys looked odd when I came in," He angles his head to the left and tucks both hands into his pockets.
I feel bad for ignoring that Luca referred to Ted as that.

"Yeah, no biggie. He was just apologising."

We turn left and walk towards his car which isn't even in sight right now.

"So did you have fun tonight? I mean, was it worth it?" I ask. And I'm not sure why I really care what he thinks.

"Yes I did. Your family is really cool, I can see where you get it from."

I have to laugh at that. "Cool? Who? Me? Hell nah,"

He chuckles, "what? You're way cooler than those other girls at school and I'm not being biased."

"If you say so." I laugh again and he shakes his head in mock disappointment.

"But seriously, I know Teddy wasn't exactly the best guest today." I continue with more seriousness but Luca waves me off.

"I think you give him way too much importance RV. It's ok, he didn't do anything extraordinary and even if he did you shouldn't be apologising on his behalf."

I have nothing to say to that too but I don't have to because his car is now visible and we walk there in silence.

"So you don't regret turning down Julie?" I ask him before he can enter his car, he pauses and closes the already opened door then turns to face me.

"When it comes to you Ravi, I'll never have regrets." He says softly and I'm almost knocked out with shock. I didn't expect that at all.
He leans left to hug me but I'm so messed up I also lean left and instead of feeling his body I end of feeling his lips on mine.

I should let go but instead I let him hold me as the kiss deepens until I'm almost out of breath. Then I push him away and gasp for air or anything else that could erase what I've just done. Luca's immobile and staring at me differently, more intensely than ever. Maybe this is how guys stare after kissing a girl for the first time. I shouldn't have let this happen.

"That was a mistake." I say immediately and he manages to nod twice.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault. I should have just driven off."

"It doesn't matter. Let's just forget about this. Pretend it didn't happen. ok?" I rush out the words and don't even wait for an answer before running back home.

************

I try to still myself when I enter the living room. Teddy's playing Ludo with Dad and mum so I sneak my way upstairs and into Kendall's room. She's sitting on her bed braiding her hair. The moment she sees me she drops her hands.

"What happened?" She demands and I plop on her bed, eager to let it all out.

"We kissed." I say and her face contorts.

"Haven't you done that before? I knew you were taking it slow but...Ravi that's-"

"We shouldn't have kissed that's what real couples do!" The agitation makes me get up and wrap my hands in my head. Ken watches me for minutes, digesting the news until she stands too and opens her mouth agape.

"You mean you guys are fake dating?" She demands and I nod. The words gone from my mouth.

"But why on Earth would you agree to that kind of thing?!"

"I asked you and you said if it was a good cause it's not impossible."

"What? You never told me about anything like..." She trails off, her face questioning.

"I did." I say, prompting the memory.

"No. Nononono don't tell me you were your friend."

"I was."

She throws her face on a pillow and screams a muffled scream.

(So Ken is really acting she's the one who just kissed her fake boyfriend)

"Who made the bet?" She asks and I shake my head.

"He won't tell."

"What if he's the one?"

"He isn't. I believe him."

She obviously doesn't but doesn't press the matter. "it's not easy to go through with fake dating Ravi. The people involved always end up catching feelings, reciprocated or not. And with the way he was staring at you tonight I'll say he is."

"Don't even go there." I warn, I don't need those kinds of thoughts right now.

"How did you kiss?"

"He was going to hug me I guess but I moved wrong and ended up kissing him." I explain.

"Did you kiss him back?"

I pause, "not exactly. I was pretty much stationary."

She nods and I can almost imagine her jotting this down.

"How was it?" She finally asks and I pause, between the realization and running to meet Ken I hadn't stopped to think about that. I didn't want to admit it but there was no point lying to myself.

"I wanna do it again." I say without hesitation and she stares at me.

"I was wrong. You might be the one catching feelings."

After sharing the load I have enough nerve to grin at her.

"That would be bad Ken."

"Very bad."