47

(((Edited•)))

  When it's almost wrapping up Luca, Nelson, Ronnie and I leave the dance and go to the nearest Starbucks. Despite her qualms, I notice Ronnie slowly relenting in her determination to avoid Nelson. They were the ones who did most of the kissing during the drive to Starbucks, seeing as Luca was driving and I was in front. We take a large booth at the back of the cafe and order the same stuff.

"This was a nice night," I say once we've all gotten our food.

"Yup, it's a beautiful night and it's not yet over," Nelson reminds me.

"I'm already sleepy actually, all I wanna do is eat and sleep,"

"Isn't that all you do?" Ronnie sends me a funny look and I throw one of my fried chips at her.

"I've got this beautiful holiday plan," she says after dutifully throwing it back. "How about the four of us going camping?"

"That's a terrible idea," Luca says immediately and she frowns.

"Why?"

"Luca's afraid of the woods that's why," Nelson explains and Luca glares at him. Ronnie's proposal reminds me of what Teddy offered to me too, that's definitely off the plate.

"I can't go, my sisters and I are going to visit my aunt during the holiday," I inform her and her frown deepens.

"That's fine then, we'll go another time, for now, let's snap pictures and drink lattes," she raises her phone and snaps a wobbly picture of me trying to make a heart shape with my fries and that starts a frenzy of pictures and games that occupy us throughout the rest of the night.

*****
"It's 11, we've still got time," Luca says to me as he slows down the car. We are on our way to my house but he pulls over in a corner around five blocks away.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask him even though I already know the answer. His gaze is lustful as he leans towards me in reply. He doesn't go straight to my lips but instead makes trails from my upper neck downward, then he comes to my lips, letting them collide softly. He doesn't apply any pressure at first but then I do and it seems to motivate him to carry me up and onto his laps without breaking the kiss. I'm slightly irritated by how easily he does this but I forget all that when his tongue slips into my mouth, grazing my teeth just a little. I move closer to him, letting my hands scatter his hair as the kiss only gets more intense. Filling me with a new sense of accomplishment, for a girl who has never had a boyfriend, I'm sure good at this. We finally break off and we're breathless, staring at each other.

"That was nice," he notes and I smile, feeling even more accomplished.

"Let's try it again," I say, and this time I  start the kiss.

***
When I get home it's 11:45 and only Dad and mum are still awake. They exchange warm greetings with Luca before he leaves and even though they don't say it I can tell they want to know what happened.

"Nothing happened mom-n-dad, nothing at all," I say, the image of me on Luca's lap appearing in my head. I go upstairs with a small smile on my lips and do the unthinkable. Sleep in my saree.