19

(((Edited•)))

I try to ignore the buzzing around my ears, I've also been trying to ignore the several hands on my hair ever since Lillian tied a blindfold around my eyes. I may have not been the most obedient customer when she mentioned curling my hair. So now, on Lillian's commands. I've got my hands folded and tied, literally, and my eyes blindfolded.

On the bright side, I won't have to see them actually curl the hair so...Nah there's no bright side here! Oh God, I'm going to kill Luca and then I'll kill Rachel for making me do this!

"Lillian, are you done?" Speak of the devil,

"Almost Rach, have a seat and tell me what you think," Lillian replies, twisting another one of my hair.

"Oh my God Lilly. Why is Ravi tied and blindfolded?!" Rachel screams but I can't see her face for obvious reasons.
Lillian stops fiddling with my hair,
"She wasn't cooperating my girl, I told you I'd do whatever it took."
Somebody reaches for the blindfold and takes it off,

"I know you said that and I agreed but I didn't think you would do this? She could press charges against you!" Rachel continues untying my hand and I stare at myself in the mirror.

My hair was now in deep curls that made me look like those Royal ladies in the 17th century and it stopped at my shoulders and my face was bombarded with makeup. I looked horrible.

"Ok, can we go now, Rachel?" I ask, getting up and pouring all the venom into my voice. She glares at Lillian before turning to give me a sheepish smile,

"I am so sorry about this Ravi, believe me, this isn't what regularly happens here," she explains and I step out of the chair.

"I should hope so." I dramatically storm out,

"I can make it up to you ok? I've still got a whole lot of things planned," she begs, following me out.

"Let me just make a call ok?" I say before turning to the ladies and also dramatically storming in.
After making sure the door's locked and no one else is inside I dial Luca's number,

"Hello?" He says from the other side,
"Luca your sister is crazy!" I shout whisper,
"What?"
"I can't do this, I'm going home ok?"
"No, it's not ok, what happened?" He shifts and I hear a glass break and someone cuss,
"Luca where are you?"
"I'm at Nelson's, tell me what happened,"
"Well, she took me to this crazy hair salon and made the stylist curl my hair-"
"Made the stylist?"
"I had no say in it, if I did I wouldn't even be in a salon. The lady curled my hair, Luca! And now I look like a princess from the 17th century!"
"At least you look like a princess and not a slave,"
"Luca! This is serious ok? The stylist tied my hands and blindfolded my eyes!"
"Oh my God," he says but his voice sounds distracted,
"Luca! Are you listening?"
"Huh? Yeah, it's just something I saw on TV. What were you saying?"
"I'm leaving."
"No don't, please. You have to do this,"
"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't?"
"She's still going to make you go out with her again. Until you actually spend a whole day with her she's going to keep trying and trying again."

Oh, that's bad.
"Ok fine. I'll suck it up but you owe me 100 dollars."
"Done. Thanks, bye."

He hangs up before I do and I'm left to sulk for another moment before I go out to meet my doom.

******
"Why are we at a shopping mall?" I stare at the building in front of us with enough disdain that she should get the signal that I do not want to shop but instead, she laughs heartily and opens her door,
"Well you definitely can't go to the bar dressed like that, now can you? I'll get you an evening gown suitable for the night." She says with enough enthusiasm that I can already see how my night will end.

"I'm not sure I want to go to the bar and I love my cloth. It's quite comfy."
"And so is mine Ravi, but I'm also doing the change of wardrobe. Plus, you'll love the bar, it's crowded." She adds with a wink and I choke but she doesn't notice because she's already headed to the entrance door.

I stop for a second and lean on the wall trying to catch my breath, Rachel is trying on her 20th heel since we entered the shoe section. She's tried extremely hard to get me to spend over my budget but I've been able to win over her temptations, right now the only thing keeping me alive is the prospects of all the things I will do to Luca after this.

"This is the one!" She screams and stands up so abruptly the salesman who was peering over her trips and almost falls. The heel makes her almost as tall as the mannequin beside her. I drag myself to stand erect and watch her beam at me, she's currently wearing the third cloth she bought earlier and insisted on wearing immediately; a shiny blue gown that stopped at her knee, and the heels she wore were a complimentary royal blue with the front part slit open.

"It's great Rachel, when are we leaving here?" I sigh and thankfully she finally sighs too.

"Um...yeah, but you don't have your gown yet..." Her eyes roam around the other shops and she spots a very short red ball gown made with a completely studded material. It has a large waistband around it and has a complementary tiara on top.
In short, it's extremely extravagant and definitely not my style. And yet, Rachel is giving me the biggest smile but I can't figure out wh-

"Oh no. Nononono-" I say, rushing to stop her but she's already paying the cashier and heading out, bobbing her head against me.

"It's lovely Ravi. And you've got very fine legs." She says once we're in front of it.
"Aren't I supposed to show them only to your brother?" I ask because it's the only excuse I can think of, her nose wrinkles a bit but in no time she wakes me off.
"That's bull, Ravi. He doesn't keep his abs away from the other girls does he?"

I want to say he does but we both know better, suddenly the thought of other girls seeing his body disturbs me. It's silly because I knew that even before this whole fake dating fiasco stuff. But I can't stop myself, and so when I look at the gown again I think: "how would he feel if he knows I'm walking around in a gown that barely stops at my thigh?"

There's only one way to find out.