7

(((Edited•)))

Raman walks me to school on Monday because his photography classes don't start until 11. Ken is a year older than him but they're both taking gap years, doing the things they love best. I'm really digging the idea. We pass a corner I don't know and emerge 4 blocks from school.

"Huh, how come you suddenly know everywhere here?" I say and he chuckles.
"I spend most of my time outside. Away from...that." he replies but I don't need to look at him to know what he's talking about.
"This must be hard for you and your sister, moving so quickly to a new environment," I say. We've been so focused on ourselves we didn't even remember that these people have lives and feelings too.
"I don't know about Simmi but I'm really loving this place, from the people to the food to everything else,"
"Don't you miss India?"
"I do, it's my home after all. But there are some places you've just gotta get out of," he gazes at the horizon for a bit and I wonder if he's thinking of India right now.

"I know our house isn't exactly stable right now and I also know me and my sisters aren't the best at showing it but I'm glad we could offer our home to you all,"

"I'm glad I've got great people as family," he gives me a half smile and I send him a full one. My head is still wrapping around his last word. Family.

I spend the whole day with Ronnie and Teddy, sometimes bumping into Nelson and Luca, other times Luca then sometimes just Luca. Like now, on the football pitch.
Although he's inside and I'm out and I didn't exactly bump into him.
I signal for him to come out and after threatening to leave he does .
"What is it?" His tone makes me shrink back. What if he's already over it? I did see him with Kim a lot today.
"I thought about it...and I...agree."
He fights a grin that turns to a smirk.
"To what?"
"The deal. Fake relationship stuff."
He looks up and around and I'm thinking of ways to leave with dignity.
"I'll be right back."

"So let me get this straight. No kissing, no touching, no bragging," Luca says with a frown and it only gets deeper when I nod.
"How are people even supposed to believe that I, Luca McQueen, have a girlfriend that I do not kiss."
I shrug. We're on the same bleachers Ronnie and I sat on but not so high on it. For the past 4 minutes I've been giving him rules about this whole fake dating stuff and he seems quite frustrated. He also talks a lot more than he lets on.
"Ok then, you'll walk around with me half the day and sit with me during lunch." He states easily and I stare at him.
"What? No way. How can I sit across Teddy everyday as your girlfriend?"
"What, did he want to ask you out?"
"Hell no. It's just...weird."
"Jot it. There's nothing you can do. A couple should be with each other."
I frown as I write it.
"Ok then, you pick me and my sister up everyday."
"You don't have a car?"
"No."
"Done."
"Oh. You've gotta post about us almost every night."
"I can't do that."
"Why not?"
"Because, not only is it totally out of my character, I don't think everyone wants to know the updates of my love life. I mean, I'd have to write the same things every damn night. Plus, my parents and my sisters follow me." Even though I'm going through with this just to prove something.
"Alright fine. I'll do the posting."

I jot that down too.

"You'll go art shopping with me," I'm already writing it.
"Why would I do that?"
"Because I say so and also because none of my sisters will."
"Then you'll attend my games."

I freeze.

"No way."
"Why do you always object? I just freaking agreed to do something I have no idea about."
"I'm sorry but soccer-"
"Football, American football," He corrects
"American football is not my thing."
"Art shopping is definitely not my thing."
"Luca stop ok? I'll make it up to you," I say quickly just to avoid the topic. He raises a brow at me.
"Go on."
"What about cupcakes every Friday? Or a portrait of yo- scratch that."
He looks alarmed.
"Why? It won't hurt to paint me."
"Cupcakes."
He sighs and mumbles something about football being a universal sport.
"Fine then. We should get a back story," He says louder and I nod.
"It started online on Tuesday. We started talking a lot and on Friday you kissed me."
He frowns. "Why not you kissed me?'"
"Because Teddy will never believe me."
He groans, "Why does it matter what he believes?"