i'm sorry [m.w]

"i'm sorry y/n. i really am" mike pleaded as he saw the tears on y/n's face. he was standing up as y/n was sitting down. "it's okay, just- just treat her right for me. okay" y/n whispered before getting up and grabbing her bag. slouching it over her shoulder, "cya" she said before slowly walking over to his door.

"wait" mike put his hand out. you could hear the desperation in his voice, "i'm sorry, i- i didn't wanna fall in love with her" he put his head down in shame. he couldn't bear to look at the girl who's heart he just broke. "we can't control our feelings mike, i'm just glad that you told me before we got serious. have a good life mike. really, you deserve it" y/n reassured him before giving his head a quick pat and booking it to the door.

as soon as she closed the door she had to FORCE herself to leave. leaving what was once the love of her life and his home hurt.

when she had arrived home, she was greeted with her family saying hi.

"fuck" she thought. her mother did mention that they were having a party later today.

as she went around the room to say hi, she had to force herself not to cry as she saw nancy and jonathan having a good time.

her ex boyfriends sister and her best friends brother.

what a fucking way to end the day.

she had no reason to be mad at them.

but it did hurt that she was once like that with mike.

"y/n" nancy and jonathan waved at her as they walked up to her room. nancy's carefree smile soon turned into worry as she saw her tear stained face.

"mike" was the only thing she said before opening her door and inviting nancy and jonathan in. as soon as she had closed the door she threw her bag at her bed and slid down the door. "he broke up with me" she had managed to say before silently crying.

"what" jonathan questioned before crouching down to her level, "but why, you guys have been together for months now. you've both liked each other since forever" he asked. he was confused, pissed even. being will's best friend, automatically made y/n jonathan's little sister. "he fell in love with someone else" y/n had managed to calm down before answering. once she had opened her eyes she saw the hurt on nancy's face as she turned to look at jonathan.

"el, he's in love with her. right" nancy whispered. as if those few words would break her. "yea" y/n said as she nodded. "i'm so sorry" jonathan said as he rubbed y/n's head. something that the two would do to each other to cheer the other up. "it's okay, i'm okay. i just- i just have to stop loving him" y/n reassured them. she wiped her tear stained face before talking again:

"and i will stop loving him".