the office [m.w]

"did i ever tell you why i left hawkins" mike said as he sat next to lucas. he heard lucas mumble a 'no', "it was because y/n was in love with peter" he answered. memories of him seeing y/n and peter together flooded his brain.

"it hurt, a lot" mike chuckled as he tried his hardest not to cry, "i couldn't sleep, i couldn't eat, i couldn't concentrate. it just fucked me up" he explained as he played with his fingers. it hurt to see lucas like this. he was usually the strong one, the brave one. but now. he was broken.

"and then i found a distraction. liv" mike mumbled the last part. he remembered liv. all the memories they shared. everything, "but it just wasn't the same" he whispered. and it was true.

"max doesn't deserve you" was the last thing mike said before getting up and walking into his classroom.

"hey is he o-" y/n was interrupted by a pair of lips.

luckily the teacher wasn't there.

but the students.

now that's a different story.

"i love you" mike whispered as he gave y/n a tight hug. he was thankful that he came back to hawkins. thankful that his sister made him confess his feelings towards y/n.

"i love you too" y/n said. but it came out more like a question. as she let go she saw mike flip off all the students that were watching. "what was that" el asked as she saw y/n smile. "i don't know" y/n answered as she tried to cover up the redness on her face.

"okay kids" lucas burst through the door, "the teachers coming in like five minutes" he reminded everyone as he shut the door and walked towards his seat.

"also" lucas pulled out his seat and sat down. making sure everyone was looking at him, "we have a test tomorrow" he said as he could feel the whole atmosphere change.

"WHAT" a student cried.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY TEST" another student yelled.

"i'm not even gonna try" another student threw her hands up as she accepted defeat.

"atta boy" mike thought as he smiled.