no me queda mas [f.w]

having a mom that use to put selena, aventura, prince royce and etc. meant that y/n always knew when her mom was in a good or bad mood.

but when you have a hispanic mom. you tend to know which songs are sad and which songs aren't.

"no me queda mas" y/n's mom sang. you could hear the pain and frustration in her voice as she sang. the once lively women now filled with despair and anger inside of her.

now why is that ? you may ask

well i'll tell you why.

y/n's mom had recently just figured out that her husband had cheated on her.

the lively women swayed to the beat of the song as she sang, singing the lyrics with such passion in her voice.

y/n didn't know what was going on at the time.

but all she knew was that she didn't EVER want to experience the pain her mother's feelings right now.

"why her" y/n asked. the words repeated through her mind as she saw how finn and r/n tried talking to her. "i-its not what it looks like" finn tried the same stupid excuse that her father gave to her mother. "so you two weren't just kissing" y/n slightly chuckled as she turned her head to see r/n panicking, "and you, i thought- i thought that we were friends" she glared at her. r/n knew how much y/n had loved finn. she knew how much she cared about him. and last but not least, she knew what her father did to her mother.

"we're over finn. don't call me, don't text me, don't ask about me. from here on out, we're just strangers" y/n said. she refused to let them see her tears as she grabbed her coat and walked out the door.

she could hear their yells and pleads as she shut the door.

but no one went running after her.

"yo tenia una esperanza, en el fondo de mi alma, que un dia te quedaras, tu conmigo" the speaker boomed as y/n sat in her room, tears running down her face as she tried to catch her breath.

"is this how mom felt like" y/n thought as she regained control of her breathing and wiped her tears away. "honey, are you okay. you're playing selena. and we don't play selena in this house if we aren't sad" y/n's mother knocked on her door. she had no idea what was going on but all she knew was that her daughter was in pain.

"he cheated on me ma" y/n said. lowering the music down a little bit so that she could hear. she had dried her tears away before telling her mother to come in. "ai hija. eso si duele" her mother said as she entered the room. she looked at her daughters body before sitting down in her chair. "is this how you felt when dad- when dad cheated" y/n stuttered as she refused to make eye contact with her mother. "si, but it gets better, it may not be today or next week or even next month. but you will get better" her mother reminded her. she knew exactly how her daughter was feeling like. and she hated it.

"c'mon, vamos a comer. i cooked your favorite as soon as i heard selena" y/n's mother chuckled as she kissed the top of her daughters head, "we can even go to the fiesta mi familia nos invento" she said as she opened the door and waited for her. "like i even wanna go to some stupid party ma" y/n mumbled as she got out of bed and walked to her door. "okay good, cause even i didn't want to go" her mother laughed as she slung an arm around her shoulders, "you'll be okay mija, i can promise you that".