a good night's rest || Chapter five

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n) = your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You just sat there, a blank stare rested on your face as you leaned on a tall tree. It is currently midnight, and nearly everyone went inside. A few were just speaking amongst themselves though.

You take a long and soft sigh, looking down at your bandaged hand. The entire thing was wrapped in bandages, not just your fingers. Thankfully you and Pen had stopped Four from doing the same thing to your other hand- But after that horrifying and painful moment with Four, Snowball came and put the bandages around your hand. He told you to wait a week or two to take it off. But that was an hour ago, he went inside after that.

You're glad someone actually helped with your hand, though..

It still hurts, and it's still throbbing painfully & it honestly feels like your hand will explode at any second. But at least it now has a while to take its time and heal itself instead of someone trying to quicken the healing process. Your other hand hurts as well, but not as much as the bandaged one.

You look back over to everyone, they're huddled up, whispering. You wonder what they're whispering about. But as you wondered, you saw something in the corner of your eye. One of the jawbreakers is still left. It looks like people had given up on it just halfway through.

It was probably your team's jawbreaker, since you heard something about BEEP losing.

Your only thought as you stared at the giant hard candy was that someone was still in there. But by the looks of it, everyone seemed to be alright, so maybe it's empty. A small grunt escaped your mouth as you stood up from the tree and began to walk towards the small shed-looking building. Your legs were still tired..

That's where everyone else went. There must be a place for you to sleep if it has a place for sixty-three fucking objects. And it's probably better than sleeping on the hard ground and uncomfortable grass. You then grabbed the knob and opened the door, revealing a flight of stairs and an elevator. "Oh, it must be underground then-" You whisper walking inside.

You then spent the next ten minutes walking down the stairs, trying to find any possible rooms where you can sleep. You didn't take the elevator because the buttons had nothing on them and you have no idea how far down this place actually goes, so you took the stairs. And it turns out that all of the doors are labeled with the team names.

Every door you passed as you walked down were making noises, except for a few. Death P.A.C.T. was quiet, The Losers were just blasting music at full volume, iance was just angry yelling, Free Food was quiet, A Better Name Than That was just the sound of fighting, and Team Ice Cube was also quiet.

The last door you encountered before reaching BEEP was...you don't even know how the team name is pronounced, it just looks like thousands of names piled onto one another. But the only sound coming from there was just pure fucking drama. Something about Taco being gone?

"Here we go-" You sigh, leaning on the wall, giving your legs a short break. This place actually goes deeper than you thought. Your legs were more tired then they were before you even walked into the building-

The sound of Leafy speaking in a worried voice was the only noise coming from the door. It actually surprised you for a moment, you didn't know she was so worried, and now remembering that you never even walked over to your team after escaping that jawbreaker just made you feel bad.

"I don't know, I'm still wondering where (Y/n) could be, we never found them and I didn't see them anywhere after the challenge was over.."

You exhale before pushing the door open, seeing a kitchen and Leafy holding a cup. She looked at you, and her face immediately turned from worried, to happy. Leafy then threw her arms up in the air happily, cup still in hand.

"(Y/n)! I was just thinking about you! Where were you?" She asked. "Uh- you spilled your.." You point down. Leafy then looked to where you were pointing, seeing that she had spilled her drink on the floor. She then awkwardly put her cup down and grabbed the paper towels, and crouching down.

A small smile curled on your face as you watched her clean. How the hell did she not hear the spill? And who was she talking to before? "Uh- anyway, I was with Death P.A.C.T., they found me and then I had my hand bandaged-" You explain, then holding your hand up for her to see. Leafy just gasped. "Oh no! What happened?"

"Well apparently I'm claustrophobic and didn't know it, and I broke my fingernails trying to get out, then Four fucked up this hand and Snowball patched it up an hour later," You sigh, walking over to the room just beside the kitchen.

It's the living room, but it doesn't have a television. It's a couch, a boombox, a pencil, three books, and a few more random things. Woody was coloring in a coloring book on the floor, right in front of the couch. He's probably the one who Leafy was talking to. "Now I'm here and I'm looking for a good night's rest, but where's everyone else?"

You question as you sit down on the couch. Woody looks at you and gives a scared look before looking back at the coloring book. You can hear Leafy quietly wince from the kitchen. "Ouch..I'm sorry you had to go through all of that pain, (Y/n). And the others, besides Woody, are in their rooms, I think they're sleeping?" Leafy answers all the way from the kitchen.

You just nod, closing your eyes and taking a deep breath. "So, is this what it's going to be like for the rest of the game?" You ask, keeping your eyes shut softly.

Leafy's footsteps echoed a bit through the apartment all the way to the couch, and the footsteps stopped there. She then took a deep breath and told you, patting your shoulder lightly. "I'm afraid so, but I just hope you don't get hurt anymore.."

"Don't jinx it, Leafy-" You joke, a small and light chuckle escaping past your lips. She laughed a little, before watching you open your eyes. "Now-" You begin. "I'm sleeping on this couch, cause I'm not getting up. My legs have had enough, they've been cramped in that jawbreaker, and I had to walk down those long-ass stairs.." You explain, laughing a bit under your breath.

"Alright (Y/n), I'm going to bed, and Woody probably will later. He's had a long day too, so it might take him a while," Leafy yawns, then walking away from the couch and to the dark hall. She must be going to her room-

"Night night!" She waves before walking into the dark hallway. You just wave back before actually laying down, on your back. A soft and quiet sigh left your mouth as you looked at the ceiling. The sound of a door closing then ringed in your ears, leaving a smile on your face.

But you then look to your side, seeing Woody coloring again. The page is on a background that looks like the ocean, and he's coloring it in with an indigo crayon. "Nice," You blurt out, watching as he continues coloring in the water. "Wa wa-" He said, not even looking in your direction.

I'm taking that as a "thank you", you thought as you softly closed your eyes and turned your head to face the ceiling.