a very cautious game of cornhole || Chapter nine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n) = your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that little meeting with those three, you were finally recovered...three days later. But you were extremely confused when you looked at the two aliens. You asked what happened and why you needed to be recovered, Four just told you that you died. "It was one of the gruesome ones.." He muttered under his breath after he told them.

You don't really remember dying though, all you remember is their stomach hurting before 'blacking out'. It's fine though, you don't really need that type of trauma anyway...

But now you're just sitting against a tree, thinking about an episode of your favorite show, legs spread out like a kindergartener. "I wonder when the new season is coming out.." You said to yourself, playing with your fingernails as you thought. You didn't even see the three girls approaching you, until one of them snapped her fingers in front of your face.

"Hm?" You looked up at the three, adjusting your sitting position to the cris-cross one, also like a kindergartener. "Something wrong, ladies?" You asked, continuing to pick at your fingernails. They still hurt from before, but it's better than biting them and accidentally biting a nail off entirely.

The three looked at you and then Saw spoke up, making direct eye contact. "Do you want to play with us?" Wow, she actually sounds honest, maybe she's not lying, or being sarcastic..? Or she's just a great actor. You thought, pausing for a moment, looking around the area. Alright, nobody's waiting to jump on me, but that doesn't mean it won't happen at some point..

You slowly and cautiously nodded. Damn, I thought Bubble wanted to be friends. And Pie? I guess she wants revenge for me eating her...should I apologize? She then smiled and motioned you to follow them as the three began to walk away. You just stood up and followed the three females.

"We we're thinking about playing that game where you throw the bag full of pebbles into the hole," Bubble told you, falling behind with the others, so she ended up walking beside you. You just furrowed your eyebrows at her. "Do you mean cornhole?" "Is that what it's called?" She looked up at you, a very confused expression on her face. You just sighed and looked back at the other two, they were having their own secret conversation.

You sped up your walking a little, only to the point where you could actually hear what they were talking about. "We should tell (Y/n) when we get there..." Pie whispered to Saw. "Yeah, someone really should have before any of this.." Saw quietly agreed. You just stayed in the back with Bubble, she didn't even notice the scowl on your face, she just kept smiling.

Eventually you all got to the playground, which was just a concrete floor with a tic-tac-toe box painted onto it, a kitty pool filled with water, and a seesaw-swing set. "After that, we can play on the sweeswaw!" Bubble happily told you, not realizing you have no idea what she's talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~

You watched as Saw tried her best to throw the beanbag into the hole, but kept failing. But she's trying her best, you can tell by the desperate expression on her face. Pie kept winning, and you can tell she's having a bit of fun.

But Bubble wasn't having much fun playing cornhole, she nearly popped three times, so she just sat on the seesaw-swing set.

You weren't having much fun either, you're not the best with aim, or throwing, so you just walked over to Bubble and sat down with her. She immediately started smiling as soon as you sat down. You just gave her an awkward smile as you both started to swing together.

"How do you like the pebble-bag-game?" She asked, you just looked up at the sky, it'll be getting dark soon. You inhaled. "It was good, kinda suck at it though," You told Bubble, sounding pretty drained of energy. "So...why are you all wanting to hang out with me all of the sudden?" You looked down at her with a serious expression.

Bubble looked so confused, she didn't understand what you were trying to say. "Do you want anything? Is this just part of some stupid game of Truth or Dare?" You kept asking, getting more annoyed with each question you asked. She just looked up at you, worry in her eyes. "What do you mean by that? We don't want anything from you, (Y/n),"

"Don't bullshit me, if there's anything I've learned from you objects.. it's that you're never just nice, there's always something to it," "W-what..?" Bubble couldn't believe what she was hearing. What have the others been doing to (Y/n) for them to act like this?!

"Everyone wants something from me, and they're only messing with me, pretending to want to be friends. Blocky tried to drown me in the lake the day after he told me he wanted to be friends. And I'm pretty sure Leafy just wanted to be 'friends' with someone who wasn't exposed to all of those stories about her, it's her goddamn fault nobody wanted to talk to me in the beginning," You angrily told her, annoyed with Bubble at this point.

"So just tell me what you want, and I'll give it to you, you don't have to go through all of this trouble," You didn't even notice how loud you were speaking, until you heard a voice from behind you.

"We just want your friendship, (Y/n)," Pie said.

"That's all we want," Saw added.

You turned around, only to see Pie and Saw. Pie looked worried, a beanbag still in her hand, and Saw looked like she was on the verge of tears. "We realized how nobody really wants to be friends with you, or be around you, so we thought we could at least include you in our activities," Pie explained.

That's when a middle finger of guilt impaled your chest, making you feel like garbage for being a jerk to Bubble. But you stayed quiet for a minute. "Um... wow.. I.. I don't know what to say.." You said. "I'm...sorry," You laughed a little, feeling your face heat up.

"I honestly thought this was a joke, or some sort of sick prank..." You sniffed softly, your face now hot and red. "I guess I should really think a little more before jumping to conclusions..huh?" You laugh a little under your breath, rubbing your eyes. "..but really...thank you.." You smiled.